The Gaslight Anthem (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I haven't heard any of their stuff, a friend of mine says they are all good, maybe I should have a listen and see...

Born to Lose

Reaction score
Gaslight Anthem is really good. Sometimes a bit too sappy, but I like them. My favorite song is probably "We're Getting a Divorce".

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
I actually get an Irish-vibe from them. I don't know if it makes sense but it's what I feel when I listen to them. A lot of their songs sound too alike but they have been sitting in my collection with no intent of getting deleted for years now.

Their lyrics often touch on sensitivity and nostalgia which always hit well with me. Brian Fallon's voice is so believable regarding the subject he sings about. I'm with Coltrane on the album preference. "The '59 Sound" was a commercially successful album distributed by the band that too was great overall but I'm leaning on "Sink or Swim" myself. I purchased it in 2007 when it was fresh. It has been deemed one of my "flashback to that time and memory" albums. I listened to it through many happenings and emotional pulls in my life.

I have yet to give the latest album a listen. I hear it's different from their usual sound, which I have no problem with. Different can be refreshing or it can be catastrophic.

I don't think it'll be the latter for Gaslight Anthem.​

Born to Lose

Reaction score
I'm on a Gaslight Anthem binge right now, and I remember everything I loved about them. They're basically Bruce Springsteen, if he was the frontman of a punk rock band. They have the same raw but soulful New Jersey local flavored sound that Springsteen does, but it's very modern and alternative influenced too... but you don't need to be a Bruce fan to like Gaslight.
Brian Fallon is a great vocalist, and a great songwriter.
I'd recommend their debut album, "Sink or Swim", for anyone getting into them, although my favorite song of theirs is still probably "45" from their most recent album, "Handwritten".

Born to Lose

Reaction score
Tour alert:
Tour | THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM
Gonna try to catch them either july 26th or 28th.

It's difficult to watch them live on Youtube because frontman Brian Fallon always seems to be fighting some heckler in the crowd. xD

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online