The Fureys

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
The Fureys were favourites of my parents and us kids were taken to their concerts from an early age and I still listen to them.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have a best of by this band some great tunes, I caught one of them doing a jam in a pub in Dublin once...

When You Were Sweet Sixteen

Sunny

Reaction score
I always think of my parents whenever I hear this song. Dad sings it to Mum after a few beers too many - but he means every word :D

Sunny

Reaction score
Just got home after a good night in the local pub. This tune was playing and everybody in the pub joined in - everyone seemed to know the lyrics :cheers2

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Just got home after a good night in the local pub. This tune was playing and everybody in the pub joined in - everyone seemed to know the lyrics :cheers2

It does sound like a fun song to sing to. :heheh:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Here's a goodin' that my parents liked. :)

Those Were The Days~Mary Hopkin

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
For a couple of weeks back in '68,the top two songs on Billboard were this one and "Hey Jude",which both involved Paul McCartney as Paul discovered and produced Hopkins' version of the nearly ancient British pub tune for the Beatles' Apple label.I simply wouldn't understand ANYONE not enjoying this one.I feel the song's subject matter that revolves around the magic of youth is relatable to us all.Great post,Jet!PS,Hopkin also had a big hit with a tune called "Goodbye",which was credited to Lennon & McCartney,but I think only Paul really wrote it.One of those Lennon/McCartney numbers that was credited to both but only one of them actually composed.Really nice 60's pop that I'm afraid time has forgotten..........

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online