The First Song You Learned How To Play

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
My first was "Rocker" by Ac/dc. I used to be a BIG Ac/dc fan. I just loved the sound of it and had to play it. I've been self taught since then, so 12-bar blues is where I got my start technically.

SteveB

Member. 50+
Reaction score
Well, now. I don't mind admitting that it was none of this advanced rock & roll stuff for StevieB. The first song(s) I learnt how to play were Frere Jacques & Kumbaya etc. Little songs to get those irritatingly-stiff fingers into positions that they didn't wanna go. Later on it was sorta any song with three chords and upwards. :)

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
My mom and I were major league Ozzy Osborne fans, and at the time I began learning guitar in 1986, she was hooked on Blizzard of Ozz so I ended up learning Crazy Train first. Even to this day, when I'm in the mood to play with my effects pedals for different tone, I will use I Don't Know--because the slow portion in D-major sounds SWEET through a Flanger and a little delay (just the way Randy played it live on his Gibson). I LOVE it.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
I think the first FULL song I learned on guitar was Twist and Shout by The Beatles, but I actually think I wrote a song of my own before that, so I don't know which one counts....

runtfan

Reaction score
Hmm...I'm not sure but it was most likely something from Kiss ALIVE! It was spring of '77 when I got my first bass guitar and I was into Kiss big time by then so it was most likely "She" or "Deuce" or "Firehouse" or one of those.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online