1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The European championship 2014-16

Discussion in 'Sports of all sorts' started by LOU/REALM, Sep 8, 2014.

1. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

Good result for Denmark Sharp Dressed Man !.....but how are the Greeks taking their defeat to the Faroes ??......I bet there is some plate smashing going on :heheh:
    Meanwhile Holland beat Latvia 6-0 and Wales pull off a 0-0 draw at Belgium

2. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

^^ Hahaha. Well, they sacked Claudio Ranieri yesterday! :oyea:

3. Jonny Come Lately

Jonny Come Lately The New Kid In Town

Didn't last very long, did he? Mind you losing at home to the Faroe Islands is a bit of a disgrace for a team that made it to the knockout stages of the World Cup so it's understandable that Greece have decided to act.

Can't say I'm even remotely excited about England's qualifying campaign, I hardly bothered following the game against Slovenia (I checked online twice during the match then found out the final score later). Admittedly the fact that the game marked Rooney's 100th cap didn't help as he is one of my very least favourite players - the sooner we realise he's not that great the better as far as I'm concerned. We need to give up on building the team around him as I felt this damaged our hopes at the World Cup, we played our best football with Sterling through the middle and moving Rooney into that position benefitted him and no one else. Also, he's 29 and I don't see him becoming an Francesco Totti or even a Teddy Sheringham type player who still performs at a very high level well into his thirties.

Looking forward a bit more to England v Scotland though, hopefully it'll be as good as the 3-2 last year and I'm glad the fixture seems to be returning to being a reasonably regular occurrence, I think the players care for this one more than a typical friendly against mediocre opposition and I'm glad that

4. Kickstart

Kickstart Senior Member

:pimp:

5. Hydrazoic Acid

Hydrazoic Acid Cynic

Yeah, yeah, Kickstart, it's a sad truth. :D

6. Kickstart

Kickstart Senior Member

Not so sad from my POV :tongue:

Gotta celebrate everytime something positive in Austrian Football happens before it's gone again:bonk:

7. Nololob

Nololob Long Live Wock 'n' Woll

Yes, it was definitely a shocker for us as well, Polish team was rubbish for the past few years and now it's still unbelievable we are leading the group with 3 points ahead! With draw against Scotland 2:2, 4:0 against Georgia and another draw against Switzerland 2:2 they actually showed it is possible to stand up from the worst period in Polish football history.

8. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

A very tidy performance by ENGLAND ! 4 nil against Lithuania. The players could have sat back,but thankfully didn't and made this game very entertaining.With debutant Harry Kane scoring.
    Hmm Scotland are playing Gibraltar.....hoping for a big score

9. Sweaty

Sweaty ThE OtHeR rAmOnE

I missed the whole game but got to see the extended highlights and I thought England were very good. Some great performances from Baines, Wellbeck and Rooney to name but a few. So pleased we won and by a good margin too. Let's hope we can play as well against Italy on Tuesday, I know it's only a friendly but we need some good teams to learn from.

10. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Well, Denmark impressed with a comeback win against USA last wednesday, but then went on to lose 2-0 to a France team consisting of mainly reserves on Sunday evening. This team is going nowhere and it's been like that for a very long time. Hopefully things will change when Morten Olsen steps down after EURO 2016.