The Dubliners (Official Thread)

Juli

Reaction score
^^I'm not totally sure, though I know a lot of the band members were replaced since the original group came out in the 60s. A few of them had passed away in tragic circumstances. I'm not even sure if any of the original members are in the more recent line-up of the group. :(

I know, this post is over a year old - but yes, many of the originals were replaced. Ciaran Burke died in 1988, Luke Kelly in 1984, Ronnie Drew in 2008 (left the group 1995) and the last original, Barney McKenna died in 2012. So the recent line-up was with two singers who joined later.

They retired their name in 2012, but you're right, Sweaty, three of the last members (Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Patsy Watchorn) and Gerry O'Connor continue performing as the Dublin Legends. They have nearly the same reportoire, a bit different playing, but they are great ;)

Back to the dubs ;)

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I know, this post is over a year old - but yes, many of the originals were replaced. Ciaran Burke died in 1988, Luke Kelly in 1984, Ronnie Drew in 2008 (left the group 1995) and the last original, Barney McKenna died in 2012. So the recent line-up was with two singers who joined later.

They retired their name in 2012, but you're right, Sweaty, three of the last members (Sean Cannon, Eamonn Campbell, Patsy Watchorn) and Gerry O'Connor continue performing as the Dublin Legends. They have nearly the same reportoire, a bit different playing, but they are great ;)

Back to the dubs ;)

Should that be "pubs";)

yeah still a great band:grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online