The Dubliners (Official Thread)

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I heard this song for the first time in years this morning and found I could sing along with every verse - even after all that time :)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
That is a beautiful song, I love listening to them, I don't think they have a bad song, Drews voice was unique. I remember going to see them once in Bristol and Shane Macgowan was supposed to be on with them and when I went to pick up the ticket they said, are you sure you want to see them as Shane is not there. It was like they thought he was better than them. They were bloody good, it would have been good to have Shane their but it didn't alter their performance.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
The Dubliners were on Jools Holland on new years eve, they played about 4 songs with a different singer, wasn't as good as Ronnie but they did ok. Quite a few of them had a go at the vocals, would love to see them play live again.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
The Dubliners were on Jools Holland on new years eve, they played about 4 songs with a different singer, wasn't as good as Ronnie but they did ok. Quite a few of them had a go at the vocals, would love to see them play live again.

So what does the line-up look like these day Sweaty? I'll have to Google them.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
So what does the line-up look like these day Sweaty? I'll have to Google them.

Most of them look old and some have not changed, they shared the vocals, I saw them years ago and most of them haven't changed at all and they still belt out a great tune...

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
^^I'm not totally sure, though I know a lot of the band members were replaced since the original group came out in the 60s. A few of them had passed away in tragic circumstances. I'm not even sure if any of the original members are in the more recent line-up of the group. :(

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have just purchased two of their early albums on CD remastered and will put them up here when I get them through the post...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online