The Dubliners (Official Thread)

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
Re: The Dubliners

^^^ Yeah Sunny, apparently they are from US - the band was formed in Los Angeles, California in 1988.

Here's a few of my favourites from The Dubliners (the seniors as opposed to the young 'uns :D)

Irish Rover

Wild Rover

Seven Drunken Nights

One of the best bands to listen to when you're in the mood for a jar and a jig :grinthumb

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

^^^^^ Classic Dubliners :grinthumb

I'm heading off to my parents' place soon for their New Year party and I have no doubt whatsoever my Dad and his mates will produce their guitars, accordian, fiddles and bodhran and a good time will be had by all especially when the drink is running freely :heheh: Everybody will join in when they do Seven Drunken Nights :D

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score

Sounds cool Sunny, nothing better than some traditional Irish drinking songs to get a party going :tup:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Barney McKenna, the last of original Dubliners has just died :( He played the banjo and the mandolin.

Here he is.

I’m A Man You Don’t Meet Everyday

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Barney McKenna, the last of original Dubliners has just died :( He played the banjo and the mandolin.

Awwww, that sucks out loud. Rest in Peace Barney. :uh:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

Yeah I remember reading about The Dubliners on Wikipedia or something and it was just sad to read about how and when each band member passed away which sounded worse when you were listening to their music! 8o It's just extradorinary. Personally I enjoy their music, though because I only have one CD of their's which is a Best Of kind of thing, it got a heap of songs on it and a lot of them about drinking, has anyone else found it hard to listen to through all the Drinking songs?

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

This is a sad day, I saw this band live a couple of times and met one of them for a chat, they were such a great band, I missed this in the press as been busy:(

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

R.I.P. Barney ... He was a fine musician and I count myself very lucky to have seen the Dubliners on stage, it was a treat to watch.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepaul

Members online

No members online now.