The Dresden Dolls

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Oh but I was enjoying Amanda Palmer solo. This is perhas the greatest cover album ever
amanda-palmer-radiohead.png

I like that that album had limited edition pressings on rainbow vinyl. :heheh:

Really I love Amanda's solo career but I miss Brian so I'm ok with them getting back together. I'll support Amanda either way though. I adore all of her work. :grinthumb

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Not a huge fan of them at all. I know of them because of my ex's sister who is friends with Amanda Palmer and also Brian Viglione.

Never could get into them. Did like the intro to one song I heard, but other then that not my style.

Her following is pretty nuts though I must say.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Some dawned on me today and it's that I think The Dresden Dolls are naked far more than another other group I've ever seen. Yet in spite of that they pull it off because they do it tastefully. Like they do artistic nude instead of just being naked for the hell of it or for sex appeal to help their album sales.

Like take this Siamese twin thing (and my sig/avatar set up) for example, and just a heads up it's a bit revealing:

:ec: :ec: :ec:

photo3.jpg

I see that as tasteful nudity and I think it's a really fresh territory that I've not ever seen done correctly by any other musical group before.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
This thread is getting for too dusty. How about a little something that is uncharacteristic for the Dresden Dolls. Their only B-side ever and their only song to not have any drums or piano, "A Night at the Roses"...

Also at the end there I'm pretty sure Brian was playing Metallica's "Battery" for a bit. :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I love that DVD too, Priest. It's a really funny, campy concert experience. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online