The Dresden Dolls

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yes really cool Harmony!!! I almost picked up the Amanda Palmer disc today but things are a bit crowded. Her solo disc is high on my "to get" list.

:grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Awesome. I really loved her solo album. If I had to stack it up with both Dresden Doll albums I'd say it's my favorite followed by their debut album and then "Yes, Virginia", though my favorite Dolls song "Sing" is the closing track on "Yes Virginia".

Also Amanda Palmer should be getting back into the studio in early 2010 because she'll finally be free of Roadrunner Records.
For those that don't know, there was a pretty big incident between Amanda and the record company she was on back in late '08. The record company wanted to pull some shots from her video for her lead single "Leeds United" because they thought she looked fat. Amanda told her fans about this in her blog online and that REALLY set them off because Amanda is very close to her fans and they are very close to her. Immediately after reading this many fans wrote words of comfort to Amanda and started sending pictures of their stomachs to Roadrunner with many choice words for them and had. Eventually the movement gained enough of a following that it opened they dubbed themselves "The ReBellyon" and started their own site. Due to the explosive support from her fans and the media coverage that the incident gained Amanda made numerous attempts to get dropped from Roadrunner, even going as far as writing a song about it and posting it online, but to no avail. The company basically has been holding her prisoner (Restricting her touring, cutting off financial ties to them, not letting her record) until her contract expires since she has been causing so much trouble for them (which I suppose earns Amanda more punk street cred ;) ). Luckily her contract will be expiring in the New Year and Amanda will be able to get back to touring and writing music. She's been keeping fans in the loop by writing nearly every day. According to Amanda she has numerous idea for songs she wants to write (though she can't actually write them yet because then they'd belong to Roadrunner), she is being supported almost entirely by the sales of her CD at this point and is having a hard time getting by, and other things that I suppose you all can read about if you so please.

Last edited:

rtbuck

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Cosmic!!

I like the 2 DVD's they released. They were in my area only once but it sold out before I could get tickets

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
No problem. As my sig shows I like to keep up with Amanda. ;)

That sucks. Either solo of with The Dolls Amanda always makes sure it's a very good show. Generally they are very small and there is quite an intimate atmosphere to them.....or so I hear. I've not actually seem their live either.... =/

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Not that this is really Dresden Dolls news, but I just thought I'd let everyone know that Amanda Palmer has been getting back into the studio lately to record the follow up to her debut solo album.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
going to see this tomorrow looks pretty wild

7:00-7:25 Sxip Shirey
7:40-8:30 Evelyn Evelyn
8:50-9:50 Amanda Palmer & Jason Webley

Evelyn Evelyn

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
That seems cool. I've been intrigued by Evelyn Evelyn since Amanda and Jason started the project, though I've not actually heard anything by them up until now. I like what I hear. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online