The Dresden Dolls

rtbuck

Reaction score
I caught this duet on Jimmy Kimmel one night & thought they were a bit strange but I really like them alot & have everything they released. They call their genre Punk/Cabaret.

The Dresden Dolls

dresdendollsgroupe1.jpg

Official Website

The Dresden Dolls (2003)
Yes, Virginia... (2006)

Girl Anachronism

Missed Me

Backstabber

Zombeels

Reaction score
Love their version of War Pigs.

I have 2 of their CDs.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of The Dolls. I'm an even bigger fan of Amanda Palmer's solo career. My favorite song by them is "Sing" and some other favs (that haven't been mention already) are "Coin-Operated Boy", "First Orgasm", and "My Alcoholic Friends"

rtbuck

Reaction score
I love Amanda's 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer' album especially "Oasis" & "Guitar Hero". Cosmic,the 3 songs you mentioned are great as is everything by them.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Slowly becoming interested since hearing Amanda solo. I'm starting there I think.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I love Amanda's 'Who Killed Amanda Palmer' album especially "Oasis" & "Guitar Hero". Cosmic,the 3 songs you mentioned are great as is everything by them.

I love her entire solo album (except "Strength Through Music". That track is kinda.....eh....to me). The first tracks I heard off it were "Ampersand" and "Leeds United" and I was really impressed with her lyrics on those songs, as with the rest of the album.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I've heard of this group but never really explored them. For some reason the word "vaudeville" keeps popping up in my head. Very interesting music! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've heard of this group but never really explored them. For some reason the word "vaudeville" keeps popping up in my head. Very interesting music! :grinthumb

I remember my friend telling me about them a few years ago. We were talking about the White Stripes and how much they did between just the two of them when he brought up The Dresden Dolls and told me that one played piano and the other played drums. The idea of that baffled me and my first thought was "Why would a piano player possibly need a drummer? That seems like a terrible idea." .....

Oh how wrong I was. :heheh:

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I enjoyed that cover. Brian Viglione is quite a fierce drummer. Good one Priest. :grinthumb

How about this?......

THE DRESDEN DOLLS DO BOWIE! :heheh:

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online