The Dog That Bit People - The Dog That Bit People (1971)

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
The Dog That Bit People - The Dog That Bit People (1971)

Genre : Progressive Rock/Folk Rock
Line-up:
* John Caswell – vocals, guitar
* Michael Hincks – vocals, bass
* Bob Lamb – drums
* Keith Millar – vocals, guitar, keyboards

The+Dog+That+Bit+People.jpg

Okay, so this is my first review of an album so I'll try as hard as I can to show the best of this album. I've always been into rare and underground scene, because mainstream music of 60s and 70s are too easy to get nowadays and rare stuff are only available at some superequiped vinyl store or some rare 60s and 70s music blogs and because underground scene made some excellent albums which nobody knows about. Two months ago, I stumble upon this track on the Youtube and what I hear, left me amazed :

Sound of Thunder

I couldn't believe that such harmony and melody is forgotten. Sound of Thunder is one of best acoustic songs ever written IMO. After I listened to this song for 20-30 times I want the whole thing, the album. I hardly found it on some blog and download it. On Last.fm I read "offical" review of some music critic on album and it was like every song on album is copy of some other famous song. That review was a garbage, because when I gave few listen to the album I only liked it more and more. Album is totally original and unique, there's not a glance of that "copying other song" stories that bad critic gave. Acoustic guitar is present at almost all songs and it gives great harmony, solo guitar gives some great solos, hammond organ gives nice background, drums are rhytmic and uplifting, bass is not so much exposed, but it fits well in every song. You should definately give a listen to this album

Final review:
+ great acoustic guitar work
+ originality

8/10

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is a really good album review DZ.:D

I'm not sure about the link,,,unless it's an OOP album. I'll leave it for now until I talk to Magic.

You can make a BLOG and post your rare albums there if you like. Just click on BLOGs at the top of the page and look at Magic's.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
That is a really good album review DZ.:D

I'm not sure about the link,,,unless it's an OOP album. I'll leave it for now until I talk to Magic.

You can make a BLOG and post your rare albums there if you like. Just click on BLOGs at the top of the page and look at Magic's.

That's a great idea, Grendel ;) When I decide which of next rare album I'll review, I'll make blog. Btw is it okay to still post here my album reviews?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yes, do your album reviews in here please, and good to hear you will start your own BLOG as well.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice job, Dz. :clap:

I did make a different type of link for the album :)

TB_

Reaction score
Finally found it, I can give you guys an download link via PM if you wan to.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online