1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Dixie Chicks (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Country Music' started by ILoveJimmyPage, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

They haven't been doing much as a group, but Natalie is rumored to be working on music........dunno if will be solo.

the last thing the girls recorded was with Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers back in 2011 for the album "Rare Bird Alert"

You

Very beautiful song :)

2. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

The Dixie Chicks are back with a brand new single:

According to Amazon, the new album drops in May.

Album details to be announced soon.

3. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

I guess they still are not ready to make nice!:grinthumb

4. Trickster

Trickster Senior Member

The country trio Dixie Chicks have changed the group's name to The Chicks in an apparent distancing from a name associated with the Confederate-era South.

The switch was not made with any kind of official announcement or explanation but simply with the release of a new song, "March March," on Thursday. Its lyrics and video reference current and past public protests involving racial justice, police brutality, gun violence, climate change and LGBTQ rights. The video compares current themes to historical fights in the U.S. for women's right to vote and the struggles for Black and LGBTQ civil rights.

Since the trio derive their name from a 70s C&W/rock song by Little Feat (who, if memory serves me right [LOL], were all men) called "Dixie Chicken"...no, I wouldn't call it "racist". I think things are getting way out of control now!

New song and video release yesterday.

Sharp Dressed Man likes this.
  5. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

Lady Antebellum also changed their name just recently, now calling themselves Lady A. It's difficult to comment on without getting all political, so all I'll say is that I find it silly, but it's also not a huge deal to me either way. Dixie Chicks or the Chicks, ultimately it comes down to the music for me. I'm not a big fan of the new single. It's not terrible, but I prefer them a little more "country".

Trickster likes this.
  6. kuku

kuku Member

About the the single "gaslighter", i agree with you, SHARP DRESSED MAN. Alot of this stuff doesn't sound like country. The drum sound is huge, and it's a modern pop production. Harsh for the genre IMO. When i think of country, I'm thinking a guitar, a stool, and maybe a soft backbeat; not these trash cans exploding type of sound. I'm not anti-pop either. I like alt pop and classic pop, not this overproduced, very loud stuff that sounds like it all came out of the same studio. Now, about the cancel culture. Too many people are caving in to mob mentality. I'm disgusted by it, and will boycott everything i can that changed because of it. The owners of Dixie Beer down here in new orleans are going to change the name to ?; it's undecided.