The Darkness (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Official "The Darkness" Thread

Interview with The Darkness at the Download festival not too long ago...

Justin's songs for the interviewer's baby girl made me laugh so hard. :heheh:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score

It was great when they first came on the scene, as there was actually a rock band in the charts that people were talking about, and I'm sure they helped [for a short while at least] people get back into or discover classic rock like Queen, AC/DC etc

They just got too big to quickly and by the time the second album had come out, people were bored of them.

I saw them on the way up, supporting Alice Cooper at Guilfest in 2003 and then saw the first few songs headlining the Reading Festival in 2004. They were incredible at Guilfest, but completely bloated and shit at Reading. It's amazing the difference 12 months makes.

This re-union will see them hold onto their fan base, but not much else.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

LMAO C.H....sex sex..yes !!! Abba shout out...Dred Zepplin ..awesome !!

I can't WAIT til November ! I love it thanks :D and you (K)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

It was great when they first came on the scene, as there was actually a rock band in the charts that people were talking about, and I'm sure they helped [for a short while at least] people get back into or discover classic rock like Queen, AC/DC etc

They just got too big to quickly and by the time the second album had come out, people were bored of them.

I saw them on the way up, supporting Alice Cooper at Guilfest in 2003 and then saw the first few songs headlining the Reading Festival in 2004. They were incredible at Guilfest, but completely bloated and shit at Reading. It's amazing the difference 12 months makes.

This re-union will see them hold onto their fan base, but not much else.

I will agree that The Darkness sort of became a parody of themselves towards the end of their run but I think this time around will be different. Justin has been sober for a few years (which his lack thereof is what broke them up in the first place) now and they've all been around the block a bit at this point so if you ask me I think they might very well end up being the best they've been since their first album came out.

Only time will tell how this album will be received but I think you might be in for a surprise Powerage. They're aiming to make this a good, ol' fashion, bombastic rock record like "Permission to Land" and I find it a little hard to believe that a band that once landed 5 consecutive top 10 singles (and one that hit #11) is just going to fizzle to everyone outside of their loyal fanbase after a long awaited reunion, especially if the can bring out that magic that the original lineup for "Permission to Land" then I think it's quite possible they could have another #1 album. ;)

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Just An Update from The Darkness Facebook Page /Justin Hawkins offical page

Latest Tour /November 13 Manchester Uk..I'm SO there :D !!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
A nice update. I'm still really waiting for the new album. ;)

For anyone who was really curious about how the band sounds together since the reunion here's part of their Download set. I think they sounds great. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think how together they sound as a band and how strong Justin sounds vocally is a really good sign for their new album. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
This is from a radio show earlier today. Looks like The Darkness are drawing from a familiar word well for new material....I like. :good

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online