The Darkness (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: The Official The Darkness Thread

I wrote that big essay of a post and no one said anything so......

:bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump::bump:

Maybe now it'll get noticed. ;)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am a n00b when it comes to the Darkness Cosmic, I only have one MP3 album right now and have only played it once.(There is never enough time for me to get to everything anymore...:wa:) I really enjoyed the sound of this band, and that was an eye opening post your wrote, that deserves comment.

There should never have been any tension in the band, if Justin had the hots for the manger and vice versa then she should have quit, or let one of her subordinates manage them to avoid the pitfalls and power struggles that are always part of the dynamics of any group of humans numbering over two...:D...the fact they are musicians sealed their fate.

The two brothers fighting reminds me a bit of two of my least favorite musicians, the Gallagher brothers, together they are far better than apart, even though I have zero of their albums in my library.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I am a n00b when it comes to the Darkness Cosmic, I only have one MP3 album right now and have only played it once.(There is never enough time for me to get to everything anymore...:wa:) I really enjoyed the sound of this band, and that was an eye opening post your wrote, that deserves comment.

Noob or nay I really appreciate that you took the time to read it LG. :)

There should never have been any tension in the band, if Justin had the hots for the manger and vice versa then she should have quit, or let one of her subordinates manage them to avoid the pitfalls and power struggles that are always part of the dynamics of any group of humans numbering over two...:D...the fact they are musicians sealed their fate.

Well smart decisions aren't always made when it comes to managing the control of a band. That's what managers are supposed to be their for....
Power struggles have been the demise of many a great band...Deep Purple, Guns, Floyd, the list goes on.....*shakes head*

The two brothers fighting reminds me a bit of two of my least favorite musicians, the Gallagher brothers, together they are far better than apart, even though I have zero of their albums in my library.

Yeah I can see the connection there. Though Liam and Noel fought way more and it was much more publicized.

Oblivion

Reaction score

Yeah :) I'd like to see them back in action!

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I'm really curious to see if lightning will strike yet again (assuming they get back together that is) for The Darkness.
Of course The Darkness' debut "Permission to Land" was a big hit and while it's follow up "One Way Ticket To Hell.....and Back" was also a hit in it's own right it was less successful than it's predecessor. Also both of The Darkness' spawned band Stone Gods and Hot Leg had only lukewarm success on their own, even though Hot Leg is almost the same as The Darkness itself. Perhaps it's the old saying of "united we stand, divided we fall" where the likes of Roger Waters/David Gilmour and Jimmy Page/Robert Plant all had much less success on their own then they did when they worked together.

Either way I'll pick up anything Dan and Justin put out, whether together or separate.

Wallflower

Gabba Gabba Hey!
Reaction score

Okay everyone this is what we are going to do.

This Friday I want all of you to make a quick video of you dancing to Friday Night. I except this on my desk by Saturday morning.

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure that Justin Hawkins, all by his lovely little self, makes me die a little on the inside, because he's so amazingly beautiful and his pipes are from Mars.

That's my thought, for now.

Oh, and as of late, since Last.fm has been nice and actually played The Darkness more than a few times, I have assessed my favourite thus far to be "Love is Only a Feeling". So beautiful. <3

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Okay everyone this is what we are going to do.

This Friday I want all of you to make a quick video of you dancing to Friday Night. I except this on my desk by Saturday morning.

I'd love to make a big production out of this with different scenery and lip syncing and everything, but I'm probably not going to do it. Sorry.

While on the topic of "Friday Night" though I figure I'll post the music video to it. It's the sequel to "I Believe In A Thing Called Love"'s video:

Oh, and as of late, since Last.fm has been nice and actually played The Darkness more than a few times, I have assessed my favourite thus far to be "Love is Only a Feeling". So beautiful. <3

"Love Is Only A Feeling" is my favorite too depending on the day. It also has the most conventional music video of theirs. No absurd comical shenanigans going on here for once:

You may notice Dan is nowhere near the edge of the cliff. That is because he is terrified of heights. :heheh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliverevans

Members online