The CRF's Greatest Bassists Results: #40-1

Syd

Reaction score
Macca at #10? This is blasphemy!

But I like the Top 2 ... They're awesome and some of my favourite. :)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Well, with you being a bass player yourself, would you put him as the greatest bassist of all time?

Well since you asked my opinion.. NO.. He's good but I don't listen to much Who..
I'd say John Paul Jones can play just as well or better than him. But it's a matter of the listeners opinion in this case.
Geddy Lee falls in that same boat with me.. He comes from a trio band with a excellent drummer.. His Bass playing to me is nothing grand so it seems Rush is a more popular band on here..
Popularity and long time standings seem to favor some on the list..

Remember.. The people who voted in this made the decisions by casting a vote per Bass player.. I think that makes this whole process tainted and holds no true value as far as who has the better chops.
I'm totally surprised that Michael Anthony was not even mentioned. :heheh:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Remember.. The people who voted in this made the decisions by casting a vote per Bass player.. I think that makes this whole process tainted and holds no true value as far as who has the better chops.
I'm totally surprised that Michael Anthony was not even mentioned. :heheh:
Actually, the voting process is to rank your favorites from #1 to #15 (or was it 10?).

#1 votes get more "points" than a #10 vote, so it's not just the number of votes a bassist got, but rather the weight that the voter puts on said bassist.

Make sense?

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with the top 6 at all, but I dont know on what planet that Flea is a better bassist than Sir Paul.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online