The Cat Empire (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm glad you had a wonderful night Harmony! They truly are a live band through and through, last year they reached the milestone of 1000 official shows and they're only showing signs of speeding up! I still recall seeing The Cat Empire live in 2010 as one of my life's ultimate music experiences. The energy they put into everything they do on stage is remarkable and the sheer passion they have for playing is out of this world. Because I'd shelled out for the super limited ticket package, I was able to meet them briefly before the show and snap a few photos. I chatted to Jumps Khawaja about the weather and traffic in Melbourne, asked a very sheepish Harry Angus for directions before the stewards ushered us anyway and I complimented Felix Riebl on his musical talents. It was a very grand night! :grinthumb

Here's one of the photos:

58300_422557441395_5170407_n.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
That's really great too, Nick. :) Harry is probably the one I would love to meet the most but I do love Felix and everyone else in the band. I have to admit that I'm kind of jealous that you got to meet them.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks Harmony, I'm sure you'll get your chance as well. They're all nice easygoing guys and they tour the U.S often. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Do they? Because I've never noticed before. Not a lot of Australian acts that I really want to see ever seem to come over to the states since there probably isn't enough of a demand.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
From what I've seen, they've done at least one U.S tour a year, sometimes two. I just checked the website to find out they've just completed their latest 21 city, 28 day U.S tour and are currently playing in England and Europe. Then they'll head back to Australia in November for our festival season. This is a band that doesn't mess around much!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Members online