The Cat Empire (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: The Cat Empire

Sal,

I did listen to the videos you posted. This band is extremely mellow with an eclectic approach. They do incorporate a lot of reggae and jazz into their music, which is a big plus for them. I can see why you listen to them so much, they are a very soothing band. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Listening to the album "Two Shoes" right now and it is very good Sal. I am impressed with them, thanks for bumping your thread and reminding me to check them out.:rock:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

No worries LG, good to hear you like them! And thanks Magic :D I personally get more of a good energy feel than a soothing one from them, although Felix's voice is very, very smooth indeed :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

:bump::bump::bump:

Massive news! The Cat Empire have confirmed the release date of their new album, 25th June 2010! It's named Cinema, and the leading single is already out, called "Beyond All"

Also, they'll be touring in support of the album all around Australia and probably the rest of the world! For Australian shows they're offering a mega package deal (which I'll be buying) limited to 20 people per show that provides a signed copy of the album, signed photo of the band, various other merchandise and most importantly of all, a guest appearance at their pre-show soundcheck! Good times in the future for sure! :bounce:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

They certainly are Davorp! And I would also believe that without me even knowing it, they've opened my mind to reggae, soul and small amounts of jazz! So for that I am thankful. :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Although I've already posted my favourite song, Panama, I'll put up two others that have been really growing on me lately:

:grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

:bump:

NEW ALBUM HAS ARRIVED! :D

Instant standout tracks IMO - Feeling's Gone, The Heart Is A Cannibal and On My Way. The whole album will be up on my Youtube account by the end of the day! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I have that one Sal, picked it up two days ago,,,but haven't listened to it yet.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online