The Cars (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
The Cars exploded on the scene and definitely left their mark, I really like their first 3 albums and Heartbeat City. Shake it Up was the weakest of the studio albums for me.

I got the "We're cool, take it or leave it" attitude Ocasek projected, but when you and 20,000 of your friends are at a live show you want excitement as well as good music. Benjamin Orr and Greg Hawkes were the energetic ones, and thank gawd for that. Probably still ranks as the least exciting live big concert I've ever attended.

Frank Grimes

Runnin' down a dream
Reaction score
Always been a big Cars fan. Remember hearing them for the first time on local Boston radio station before their first album was even released. My family had moved from the Boston area to about 40 miles north of NYC, but I would go back all the time.

Then I started to tell a few of my friends in NY about the group that should have an album out soon. I bought it that first week it was out and soon after a few of my friends did as well.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I've always found it hard to pick a favorite song between the first two albums, but at the end of the day I think this is my favorite CARS tune.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Always been a big Cars fan. Remember hearing them for the first time on local Boston radio station before their first album was even released. My family had moved from the Boston area to about 40 miles north of NYC, but I would go back all the time.

Then I started to tell a few of my friends in NY about the group that should have an album out soon. I bought it that first week it was out and soon after a few of my friends did as well.

The debut album was really popular with all my friends as well, such a unique sound they had although I found it rather funny some media types classified them as a "punk band"...:heheh:

Frank Grimes

Runnin' down a dream
Reaction score
The debut album was really popular with all my friends as well, such a unique sound they had although I found it rather funny some media types classified them as a "punk band"...:heheh:

That always cracked me up as well.

As I posted in another thread, I don't understand how Blondie is in the Rock Hall and not The Cars. I think they were a bigger influence for the New Wave movement than most other bands.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That always cracked me up as well.

As I posted in another thread, I don't understand how Blondie is in the Rock Hall and not The Cars. I think they were a bigger influence for the New Wave movement than most other bands.

Perhaps Deborah Harry being a lot more photogenic than the Cars helped Blondie's cause.:D

Not many of us in CRF consider the RRHOF a credible establishment, the list of great artists not inducted is shocking considering the number of non-rock artists already in.:nw:

mrJim

Reaction score
I don't much of any attention to that RRHOF stuff. no rime or reason to it accept money and nonsense

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
One of my favorite songs from The Cars - Strap Me In

One of the best reasons to like Door To Door.

This track from Move Like This reminded me just a little of Strap Me In, though not as heavy.

For all those Ben Orr fans, there's an ebay seller who occasionally has "unofficial" copies of his 2nd solo album Even Angels Fall.

Kickstart

Reaction score
trying to bring this thread back to life with the first cars song ive heard and which remained my personal favourite
double life (candy-O, 1979)

as for other cars songs i actually prefer ben on vocals over Ric most of the time

(especially : Just What I Needed (s/t, 1978) and
All Mixed Up (s/t, 1978)

Rly in love with this band atm;
UP THE CARS :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online