The Call

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Call, a new wave rock band from the 80's had some pretty decent songs and albums. Some are underrated, IMO. The most memorable song for me is "I Still Believe" off the Reconciled Album. The Call has christian messages at times, as well as political messages. Michael Been, the lead vocalist, is now the sound engineer for his son's band, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club.

album-reconciled.jpg

Anyone else know this band? Any comments?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Missed "The Call", completely, not surprising that was during my hockey/football period, my music took a back seat for a few years, except for after game parties and other nefarious activities.:D

Best album not including a compilation?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Never heard this group. Not bad but not something I could listen to long term. It sounded like some parts INXs and some parts The Cure.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
LG, Reconciled is the most commercially successful album and my favorite. But if you want to hear how diverse the band is, you should get their Debut:

calldebut.gif

It was never released on CD and the vinyl is out of print, so it is a rare album.

Last edited:

Aginghipster

Reaction score
They have a song out that applies to our economic situation. It is one of the most prophetic songs ever made. Blew me away when I heard it months ago, and I put it in my I-pod.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They have a song out that applies to our economic situation. It is one of the most prophetic songs ever made. Blew me away when I heard it months ago, and I put it in my I-pod.

Which song? Share the info, :)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Walls Came Crumbling Down.
Uh, yeah... something like that. :D

Here's their other most recognizable song, "Let The Day Begin"

I couldn't find a good Y/T vid for "The Walls Came Down", but that's their other big hit.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online