The Brought Low [ Official thread ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
One of those bands that went under the radar as to speak . THE BROUGHT LOW formed 1999 ,from Brooklyn New York and made their debut album 2001.
THE BROUGHT LOWs music is a vintage style rock with Rolling Stones/Black Crowes influences. Even though these guys hail from NY their music has a certain Southern rock feel to it.Heres hoping a few here on CRF take a liking to them :grinthumb. They rock !!

Ben Howard Smith...guitars/vocals
Rob Russell.....bass
Nick Heller......drums

Albums

The Brought Low....2001
Right on time....... 2006
Third record..........2010

Shakedown / The Kelly Rose/ Kings and Queens /Blow out your candles

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I am liking this band Lou, you can hear those influences from Skynyrd and Crowes in the opening bars, I will be looking for some of their albums for sure, get on that band wagon not.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Iam glad you like them Sweaty....Iam sure a few others here on the forum will too . They already have the approval of Magic.
A bit strange how I first got to hear them......A Playstation 2 computer game ! MADEMAN...A mafia shootem up game. Well there is this surreal scene where you are in a concert hall, up on the pyrotechnics/lighting rigs stage battling it out with some evil mothers with guns and down below is a concert going on with a band rocking away.
I thought the music was great, convinced it was by those sadly missed psychedelic rockers The Chesterfield Kings.
I checked the credits in the manuel...turned out to be THE BROUGHT LOW , a track called "Vernon Jackson" [ sadly, not uploaded on you-tube. Only an instrumental version ]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Two more rockers from THE BROUGHT LOW. Any more fans out there ?? :grinthumb

Blues for Cubby /My favorite waste of time

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
One of those bands that went under the radar as to speak . THE BROUGHT LOW formed 1999 ,from Brooklyn New York and made their debut album 2001.
THE BROUGHT LOWs music is a vintage style rock with Rolling Stones/Black Crowes influences. Even though these guys hail from NY their music has a certain Southern rock feel to it.Heres hoping a few here on CRF take a liking to them :grinthumb. They rock !!

Ben Howard Smith...guitars/vocals
Rob Russell.....bass
Nick Heller......drums

Albums

The Brought Low....2001
Right on time....... 2006
Third record..........2010

Shakedown / The Kelly Rose/ Kings and Queens /Blow out your candles

I am liking this band Lou, you can hear those influences from Skynyrd and Crowes in the opening bars, I will be looking for some of their albums for sure, get on that band wagon not.

Two more rockers from THE BROUGHT LOW. Any more fans out there ?? :grinthumb

Blues for Cubby /My favorite waste of time

firstly thanks @LOU/REALM these guys are hot I`ll bee searching there music out for sure...:bow::grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
No problem Joker, I had a feeling you might like them .They are a band to look out for ! :cheers2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online