The Black Dahlia Murder (Official Thread)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
The Black Dahlia Murder

TheBlackDahlia.jpg

http://www.metalblade.com/english/artists/theblackdahliamurder/bio.php
TBDM Wikipedia

The Black Dahlia Murder is a melodic death metal band that formed in Waterford, Michigan in 2001. Their band name is derived from the unsolved murder of Elizabeth Short (Black Dahlia).
Their sound is influenced by Carcass, At the Gates, Darkane, Dissection, Darkthrone, Morbid Angel, The Haunted, In Flames, Dimension Zero, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth. Vocalist Trevor Strnad alternates between deep, throaty "death metal growls," and high pitched shrieking. When asked to describe what kind of music the band plays, vocalist Trevor Strnad commented: "I've always said that we're melodic death metal. We are mostly influenced by Swedish bands and Carcass. The heavy end of our sound is the American style creeping in, with some Floridian influences like Morbid Angel, Malevolent Creation and that kind of stuff. We've been labeled more often because of our look than our sound, which is dumb, and speaks volumes about what kind of geniuses are out there!"

Members
Trevor Strnad
Brian Eschbach
Ryan Knight
Ryan "Bart" Williams
Shannon Lucas

Albums
Unhallowed
Miasma
Nocturnal
Deflorate
Ritual
Everblack
Abysmal
Nightbringers

Videos & Music

Miasma

Funeral Thirst

Everything Went Black

Moonlight Equilibrium

Necropolis

Into The Everblack

Receipt

Nightbringers

Last edited by a moderator:

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score
Re: The Black Dahlia Murder

A lot of metalheads seem to stray away from bands who oftenly use high pitched screaming and frankly I don't understand it. Not one of their albums have blew to an extreme. They deserve more credit. They're so good at sustaining melody while having that heavy edge as a perfect balance.

I'd kill to see them again.​

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

A lot of metalheads seem to stray away from bands who oftenly use high pitched screaming and frankly I don't understand it. Not one of their albums have blew to an extreme. They deserve more credit. They're so good at sustaining melody while having that heavy edge as a perfect balance.

I'd kill to see them again.​

Those are usually the elitist morons.

I agree with you they do balance it perfectly. Great live band as well.

Grunge

Grotesque Perversion
Reaction score

Saw them back in 07 when John Kempainen was still playing guitar for them and when Shannon Lucas came into the band.

Was going to see them in VA this year with my ex, but not happening.

Have you seen em yet?

Sweet time to see them.

Hence the "I'd kill to see them again" silly enema. I checked them out during last years Mayhem fest. They were after Behemoth and rocked the piss out of the stage. It angered me to see everyone wasn't as into them as I was. It didn't stop them from encouraging everyone to create an epic pit. Which is what ultimately happened. I left with a black eye from them of all the bands that played that day.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score

Sweet time to see them.

Hence the "I'd kill to see them again" silly enema. I checked them out during last years Mayhem fest. They were after Behemoth and rocked the piss out of the stage. It angered me to see everyone wasn't as into them as I was. It didn't stop them from encouraging everyone to create an epic pit. Which is what ultimately happened. I left with a black eye from them of all the bands that played that day.

Nice. Yea they are one of the most intense live bands I have seen.

I got my ex into them hence us trying to go to VA to see em.

I wish I had the tickets for it I would have got a friend to go.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Great band. Love their extreme style. The high pitched screaming is really good, not at all annoying like some of the deathcore bands who take it to ridiculously annoying extremes. Fantastic guitar work from the guys as well. I have Nocturnal and their last album Ritual both are really enjoyable albums.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
New song In Hell Is Where She Waits For Me.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.