The Black Crowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Here is a band that started in 1984 as Mr. Crowes Garden and released their first album in 1990 entitled, " Shake Your Money Maker" I first heard Mr Robinson's dulcet tones on radio one morning and thought that these had something. Here I am all these years later with all their albums plus I have seen them 3 times.

They do have that old 70's rock band feel yet they are fresh and vibrant having already split up and then reformed they have done what most bands take a lifetime to do and sound good doing it.

You must at least buy the first and second albums and play them loud, they have influences from The Rolling Stones and The Faces.

Their cover of Otis Redding's, "Hard To Handle" is classic and brings a new life to it, this is one of my faves.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Fantastic band Sweat I watched them open for Plant and Page, they Ripped the arena apart both acts.

Last edited:

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
I think the new record is as good as anything they've ever done...

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I know this song is over-played on the radio but it is the song that got me started on The Black Crowes:

I have all their studio albums, but my all time favorite is the debut, Shake Your Money Maker. The second release is also pretty good, Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.

Have you guys listened to the 2009 release? It is one of my favorite albums from 2009.

e_Black_Crowes_-_Before_The_Frost_Until_The_Freeze.jpg

Reaction score
I like Black Crowes a lot... no one around here knows who they are... I always get "Do you mean Counting crows?"... and no I don't, I listened to Shake Your Money maker a lot this past summer while cutting grass... It just worked for some reason:heheh:
If my dad has one thing to say when he gets old it will be, "The grass needs cut, or The driveway needs shoveled"(Depending on season):lmao: and for some reason that album made cutting the grass every other damned day somewhat enjoyable.... followed by a Steve Miller mix/playlist... Don't ask me why, but it did:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online