The BEATLES (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Slade in full skinhead mode here- Grandad vests, double 2 shirts, docs and braces.. Jimmy lea was often on the fiddle..
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Martha My Dear.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I even really like their movies. Help! is funny, funny stuff! Sure it's childish and a bit immature at times but it's really funny. The film Magical Mystery Tour was Paul's idea. He wanted to drive around England in a bus and film whatever happened. Nothing much did but there are some funny bits and a lot of experimentation with visuals and film. I own VHS copies of both edited and unedited versions of Yellow Submarine and the re-released songtrack from the 90's is just so good.
Warning if you choose to read further. I am going to go into talking about illegal and unauthorized releases here in a minute.
In the early 2000 there were a few sellers on eBay with compact discs collections "licensed in the Russian Federation" Anyway, these collections would have two officially released albums on one compact disc. Each disc would have two albums and sometimes a few "bonus tracks". Hopefully I'll get an understanding of large file attachments things and be able to share some of my images. The collection is just like the images below. And they look and sound fantastic! I know bootlegs are bad, mkay. But I am really thrilled to have these in my collection. One of the discs has the Glyn Johns mix of Get Back. 13 tracks. This stuff is now available as part of the super Let It Be editions but 20 years ago, these discs were an incredible find. They are still pretty cool to look at and listen to.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
  • beatles.jpg
    beatles.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 4

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
^^Fascinating post @BeatleMatt. Never seen or even heard of these Russian album sets.
I was incredibly fortunate to pick up many of the licensed digipack format cds for a song, and then completed the collection by hunting them down one at a time, a difficult achievement in SA, believe me. All my albums are the original British releases, not the US versions.
A brilliant find for me was finding the whole Beatles Anthology series DVD set which was very informative and entertaining.
Then I also have all the movies, but I can't say that I'm that impressed by any of them. Maybe you need drugs to understand them, haha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayanhere

Members online