The BEATLES (Official Thread)

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
As I have mentioned, being an older American, I am partial to hearing The Beatles from the Capitol releases. As some of you know, for years American AM radio stations played a promotional copy version of “Penny Lane” which featured a piccolo trumpet in the outtro. For years this version was not available until the release of Capitol’s Rarities and although it was also include on the Sgt. Pepper’s Super Deluxe sets, that recording somehow sounds horrible by comparison to Rarities.
So even though the great majority of my life, I have heard “Penny Lane” without the trumpet flourish ending on Magical Mystery Tour for example, there is still a void, having experienced the alternate ending. I should create a Super Deluxe MMT from my vinyl copy and include the Rarities version of PL just for fun.
And the reverse is true with the ending of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album. I do not care for the repeated “never could see any other way” loop, which is now commonplace with cd releases.
I have recorded my vinyl Capitol release to cd, imported it to to iTunes, and listen to that version at times because I find the U.K. versions so annoying.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online