1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Babys (Official Thread)

Discussion in '70's Music' started by METALPRIEST, Oct 28, 2010.

1. opera races

opera races Senior Member

I still have the 45 of Isn't It Time that I bought back in 1977 for 99 cents! The price tag is still on the sleeve but says "Record Dept." so I haven't a clue which store I actually purchased it from. I still listen to it every so often. I was already more into buying albums at the time and in a way The Babys was a little outside my bubble but something about that song and the others that were hit singles got to me. Not so much the lyrics but I liked the sound of them. I sort of remember that I would see the Babys albums at the record stores and was sort of interested ... but there was always something else I decided to get instead.

While I was heavily into my thrift shop vinyl phase I managed to pick up Broken Heart, Head First, Union Jacks and Anthology. Note to self ... might have to take a little road trip to St. Pete tomorrow and see if I can get a replacement for Anthology ... there's a funky looking mark across about 1/3 of side two and yes it is somewhat affecting the playing quality! Didn't come out after applying my special O.R. vinyl record cleaning process!

Honestly, I think The Babys had a number of really good individual songs and I like John Waite a lot as a singer but going through the albums I have of theirs, especially lately, I find them a bit uneven. If I was listening on CD there's tracks I think I would consistently skip over.

2. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

My favourite front to back spin that found GREAT all the way through was/is Broken Heart :grinthumb

Rockperson likes this.
  3. opera races

opera races Senior Member

I'm giving that album another spin right now. Broken Heart was the one Babys album I actually came closest to buying brand new back in the day. :D

4. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Great cover photo too!! :grinthumb

[​IMG]

5. electric funeral

electric funeral Just listening music

Great band. Played them a lot when I was a young man :).

Especially the albums Broken Heart and Head First.

Piece Of The Action:

Run To Mexico

:grinthumb

6. LOU/REALM

LOU/REALM Senior Member

Time for a thread bump for a great 70s band,and this is my favourite song by THE BABYS :grinthumb

Give me your love

Rockperson likes this.
  7. RockshotsPhotos

RockshotsPhotos Senior Member

The Babys "Union Jacks" Tour 1980 Madison Square Garden NYC (c)Bill O'Leary

TheBabys(2-6-1980(c)BillO'Leary)013.jpg