The Avett Brothers

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
3132008074_0173e6ebd8.jpg

The Avett Brothers are a folk rock group formed in 2000 and are made up of Scott Avett and Seth Avett, who play banjo and guitar, as well as some touring musicians whom I don't know the names of. They have put out quite a few albums, EPs, and live albums since their formation a decade ago but did not make their major label debut until their most recent album "I and Love and You" (which was produced by the legendary Rick Ruben). They performed at the Grammys earlier this year along with Mumford & Sons and Bob Dylan however their career did not take off from there nearly as triumphantly as Mumford & Sons' did but they have been having their fair share of success since "I and Love and You" managed to reach #16 on the US charts, easily their strongest placing on any chart.

Musically they are very obviously rooted in folk but they incorporate countless other styles into their songs which included, but are not limited to, punk bluegrass, ragtime, indie, pop, and country.

"Kick Drum Heart"
(The song that introduced me to the band)

And some other favorites (the whole album is amazing though):

avett1.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
!!!!!!

YES. I love The Avett Brothers.

!

I started to listen to these guys when I first started getting into folk. A friend of mine introduced them to me, and i've loved them since.

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Me too - love 'em!! I featured a couple of their vids a while back in my journal. Thanks for making a thread for them Harmony :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the [one] I've become not the man I was.
I wanna have friends that will let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need.
I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place.
And I wanna grow old without the pain, give my body back to the earth and not complain."

Yep....

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Me too - love 'em!! I featured a couple of their vids a while back in my journal. Thanks for making a thread for them Harmony :grinthumb

I had featured these guys in my journal too with the "I and I Love You" song which is amazing and especially the one Cosmic posted. I LOVE it and I really want that album now! :) I love the lyrics and song you posted for "The Perfect Space" Cosmic! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I had featured these guys in my journal too with the "I and I Love You" song which is amazing and especially the one Cosmic posted. I LOVE it and I really want that album now! :) I love the lyrics and song you posted for "The Perfect Space" Cosmic! :grinthumb

You really should pick up that album, Sooty. I have no doubts that you would absolutely love it. :D

And you know that feeling you get when you're listening to a song and you hear a certain lyric and go "Yeah...that is about right" when it comes to how you're feeling? Well yeah, that is about right. If anything it's a good enough reason to bump this thread.

:peek

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
!!!!!!

YES. I love The Avett Brothers.

!

I started to listen to these guys when I first started getting into folk. A friend of mine introduced them to me, and i've loved them since.

My friend also introduced me with them through this beautiful song. I'm glad new folk scene is diggin' old folk and is able to get some coverage with it these days.

pulpo

Reaction score
Agreed! Big fan of the Avett Brothers. I especially love their first live CD "The Avett Brothers: Live at the Double Door Inn

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online