The Animals/Eric Burdon (Official thread)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
THE ANIMALS....Formed in Newcastle Upon Tyne UK in 1963
Fronted by Eric Burdon ,the band had a string of hits worldwide and are remembered as one of the "British Invasion" groups to hit the US charts in the 60s.
"The House of the Rising Sun " being their most memorable tune.[..even though it was a traditional folk song ]. Lots of albums,lots of line ups and lots of memorable top tunes !! :grinthumb

Original line up

Eric Burdon...vocals
Chas Chandler..bass
Alan Price...keyboards
John Steel..drums
Hilton Valentine..guitar

House of the Rising Sun /We gotta get out of this place/Don't let me be misunderstood/Don't bring me down

Surely some fans here on CRF ??

Attachments

• the%20animals%202.jpg
    the%20animals%202.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 49

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Nice one Lou, I like the Animals, I have seen them a few times over the years in different guises, last year they were at Cambridge rock fest and they were brilliant. As you said cannot believe there was no thread on here.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I presume Sweaty you saw THE ANIMALS at Cambridge with this line up..

Current line up of THE ANIMALS

Peter Barton vocals
John Williamson ..guitar/vocals
Mick Gallagher..keyboards
Dan Handley....guitar/vocals
John Steel....drums

MUSIC NEWS.....I read in todays paper that after years of courtroom wrangles, Eric Burdon has been allowed to use THE ANIMALS name again . It seems Burdons solicitor told the court ..."No one remembers the drummer...." :uh:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Two more epic tracks by ERIC BURDON AND THE ANIMALS.....reminds people of the Vietnam war; by the late 60s their sound was more heavy psych rock

When I was young /Sky pilot

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It's a shame that they have to argue it out for the name of a band, the drummer is still the original and he had up until the latest ruling had the name. I will still go and see them when they play.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Here something a bit different from THE ANIMALS....it remains one of my favourites by the band. It sounds almost proto-goth with the organ, chimes and Gregorian chant ............. "bring out your dead"

The black plague

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I do like a couple of their songs, but don't know much about them. I think they did make an appearance on Ed Sullivan's variety show in the late 60's that created quite a lot of buzz.:think:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Wonderful Band! I had early exposure to them in my youth, as this was some of the only "British Invasion" music listened to in the house. My Dad had an affinity for them that he picked up while in Vietnam (especially the song "We Gotta Get Out Of This Place").

The first album I actually owned by them was their collaboration with Sonny Boy Williamson. Sonny also cut tracks with the Yardbirds during this time as well.

BoyWilliamsonTheAnimalsSonnyBoyWilliam_zps664e3212.png

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
.....and heres a classic track from that album PhilB :grinthumb

Pontiac blues

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
2 more from THE ANIMALS from their psychedelic rock period. Groovy !!:grinthumb I even love their use of a xylophone, and check out the proto/grunge fuzz bass

A girl named Sandoz/Gratefully dead

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online