The All Music Guide Thread

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
LOL You're spot on Martha. I subscribe to their weekly new releases newsletter. Sometimes I read the reviews and sometimes they are off their nut. I also find some mistakes in their data upon occasion as well. However, over all I like it and check in regularly.

Spike

Rock & Soul Archaelogist
Reaction score
I don't use them for information on current releases, just back catalogue. But I find it of limited value. It's good for historical information, but the reviews don't seem too discerning to me. Too many puff pieces. How do they generate revenue? I've wondered if they depend on the recording industry for $$$.

Spike

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
so, when you subscribe, you basically see their newest reviews before they are posted?
No idea about when they post reviews. I just get a list of things being released each week and the first three or four have reviews to go along with them. Generally I don't read the reviews at any other time. Like Spike, I find their reviews to be lacking.

But it's an interesting site none-the-less for me.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
I just use them for informational purposes sometimes. But I've noticed they have occasional errors.

I think the majority of their reviews suck. Not to mention the star ratings often don't correspond with their reviews (i.e. good review, low rating).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.