The Alan Parsons Project (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: The Alan Parsons Project

Hey nice to have some company in here Rocker440.:D

Tales... would be my favorite too but I am a big fan of the Project right up to Ammonia Avenure.

Rocker440

Reaction score

^^^No problem, LG! :)

:whistle: to Doctor Tarr and :bow: Professor Fether!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a great song Rocker.:rock:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Great Alan Parsons Project appreciation thread!:grinthumb

Somewhat personal for me. I Robot was still a pretty new album while I was in high school. Alienation, choices, paranoia and dreams along with a crack band and a who's who of vocalists, it was a strong, haunting mix that spoke to a teenager. The first four APP albums were well played by myself and many of my friends.

I had the pleasure of attending an evening with The Alan Parsons Project at a smallish local theater in the Autumn of 2001. That was something. In addition to our excitement, we were curious because the APP didn't tour much (like the brilliant Steely Dan, another studio band), wondering about how some of those grand songs were gonna be live. He didn't disappoint. Full band. A sprinkling of tunes from everything but nicely heavy on the earlier material. The sound was no less than what you would expect from Mr. Parsons.

I recall he had a few of the original album studio guys with him as well - Stuart Tosh on drums, Ian Bairnson in the guitar seat among others. It was a back of the neck, hair standing evening I tell you! We had front row and after the encores, Alan was reaching down, shaking hands with who was standing up front at the stage. A true gentleman. The show was tremendous!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am a little envious of you Odysseus...Parsons has never toured here.:(

Doesn't surprise me he put on a great show and has a lot of class as well.

Thanks for stopping by, we seem to have quite a few Parsons fans in here now.:mn:

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

Indeed LG! :grinthumb

When the concert was announced, it was a no brainer to attend. The Alan Parsons Project remains pretty high on my list of favorite music.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Following up Pyramid is 1979's release "Eve". The concept of Eve is straight forward, the ability of women to use their "Sexuality" to full advantage. Plus Lesley Duncan and Clare Torry do a great job providing the women's side of the story on this record, which is a nice touch seeing male vocals usually dominate the projects albums.

Damned if I Do.

the_alan_parsons_projets_project_ev.jpg

the_alan_parsons_projets_project-1.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Carrying on, here is 1980's "The Turn Of A Friendly Card". As usual it's a concept album, that is what the Project is all about. The record is all about human nature and the uncontrollable urge to gamble, no matter what the personal cost. This one was appreciated more than it's predecessor, by fans and critics alike I can't say I like it more than Eve, I enjoy all of the Projects albums in my library.

Turn of a Friendly Card.

The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Turn_Of_.jpg

The_Alan_Parsons_Project_-_Turn_-1.jpg

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score

I liked Tales of Mystery and Imagination and I, Robot quite a bit. They lost me after those. I've got several of them and have tried very hard to develop an appreciation, but to no avail. I do think that "Time" is an awesome song, though.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am a little surprised Jack, you enjoy classical music and the Project does a fabulous job of incorporating that into their music. At least you like Tales...and Robot...so you are not completely without hope.:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.