The Alan Parsons Project (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: The Alan Parsons Project

I listened to it earlier in the evening come to think of it! I'm going to have a gander at 'Can't Take It With You' being your fave?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

That is a great song, but no it's not my favorite, I'll let you guess once more before I post it for you.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I agree Sal, but this song is my all time favorite. I can't explain why but I just LOVE it.:grinthumb

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

I usually bought albums based on what I heard on the radio and The Alan Parsons Project was no exception. I bought I Robot based on the huge airplay that "Breakdown" and "I Wouldn't Want to be Like You" recieved, but was pleasantly surprised on how great the rest of the album was, especially "Some Other Time", "I Robot" and "Genesis Ch. 1 V. 32".

I also bought his next album Pyramid based on hearing "Can't Take It With You" and "One More River" on the radio, but overall the album was just ok. But then again that was also 1979 when Van Halen broke out big-time so I pretty much put all my eggs in their basket for the next decade or so.

But there's no reason why I can't go back and check out Parsons on iTunes, though, and see what else he's got worth adding to the liberry. (sic :heheh:)

Last edited:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

...otherwise, I wont get my knickers in a twit over them.
Don't make me post this:

knickers.jpg

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After the debut came the massive I Robot, far more commercially successful and this one was my introduction to the Project.(I picked up Tales....a couple of weeks after listening to Robot and finding out it wasn't their debut.:)) I can remember playing it on my first really good stereo and just loving it. There was one song that it took me a while to get into, the Nucleus, I played it on headphones and it kind of freaked me out the first time...:eek: Now I look back and just smile at my naivety.

Breakdown.

the_alan_parsons_projets_project_i_.jpg

alan_parsons_project_i_robot_back.jpg

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

After I Robot came Pyramid in 1978. This one was not nearly as highly regarded by the critics as it's predecessors and I have no idea why. I like Pyramid it is accessible and it has my all time favorite Parsons track, "In The Lap Of The Gods". Personally I have this one in my top 4 and would not hesitate to recommend it as a good album to any one who likes lush orchestration top notch musicianship and a concept to bring it all together.

What Goes Up.

alan_parsons_project_pyramid_front.jpg

the_alan_parsons_project_pyramid_ba.jpg

Last edited:

Rocker440

Reaction score

I'm a long time fan of the Alan Parsons Project as well! Once I heard Tales of Mystery and Imagination, which is my favorite album, I continued following their releases. I also have I Robot (Don't Let it Show is an excellent song, and also was covered on Pat Benatar's In The Heat of The Night album, quite nicely, too); Pyramid, and a Best Of, too. Excellent band and music! :tup:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online