The 90's House Party Thread

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
90sparty.jpg

This is a thread for all the colorful music that dominated MTV and the radio airwaves when pop was more about a good jam, a little soul and making you move your rumpshaker. Throw some slow jams in their and you have a smooth nostalgic ride. This is the pop before it was dominated by vanilla boy bands your younger sister liked. These guys had funk, soul and a great beat. Give yourself a high fade, multicolored jackets and a giant clock around yo neck and party down.

The first group I'm going to throw out there is:

Real McCoy
A-17852-1250111905.jpg

This group started a trend of electronic dance pop revival in the 90's which groups like La Bouche, Quad City DJs and various others followed. They may have been predated by C&C Music Factory and the prior explosion but these guys were the revivalist. When I heard Another Night I was hooked and bought the cassette single. Later I would of course buy the c.d. Nice female vocals with an escapist dance aura. Every single by these guys in their brief career was ear candy to me and they always provide me with a good feeling everytime I hear it.

51QdG6LFOuL._SS500_-783532.jpg

Feel free to spotlight your own acts or comment on priorr one guys and have fun! :cheering

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Nice Sooty! This will probably be the most fun thread on the forum! Woohoo. :grinthumb

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
^^^^ :wtf: That guy is crazy.

Me myself I have always had a fondness for good trance/electronica music, the kind that just makes you wanna DANCE. I think some people take music a bit too seriously and I think music is something that's supposed to move you - whether it be spiritually (a song with deep meaning/lyrics) or physically (a song with a good beat that may not have much else to offer!).

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
If you aren't rocking this out at the party... I'll stay home and talk with to all of my friends on Facebook.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online