Register to remove these ads

Terminator Reboot - Dark Fate

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by BikerDude, Mar 6, 2019.

1. BikerDude

BikerDude Dude

Terminator 2019, yet to announce its official title or plot details, is expected to continue on from T2. It was recently pushed back from its planned July 26, 2019 release date to a winter 2019 release.

It will ignore everything after T2.
    Stars Arnold and Linda Hamilton again.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6450804/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

doswizard likes this.
  2. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

^^ So a continuation from T2, rather than a reboot. With them forgetting everything post T2 and Arnold and Linda returning, there's a shimmer of hope that this might be decent, but I'm not too optimistic.

For the record, the trailer above is not an official trailer. It's a fan-made trailer.

doswizard and Lynch like this.
  3. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

More proof that Hollywood doesn't hardly have an original bone left in it's body. *sigh*.

While I'd gladly forget everything after T2, a 71 yr old Arnold and 62 yr old Linda don't get me too terribly excited for a sequel.

T3 was trash, bad cast, bad writing. A few good moments here and there, but overall is was very disappointing.
    T4 (Salvation) wasn't bad, but also wasn't great. Studio wasn't happy about the box office (even though it made money) and they cancelled the sequel to this.
    T5 (Genosys) also not bad, but not good either. Sarah Clarke solidified herself to me as being one of the worst actresses in Hollywood with this one. She may be a wonderful person, but she's NOT good in front of a camera. She helped make an average script feel worse than it was.

T6 - Arnold's face is going to be CGI'd onto a body. I don't know much more about it than that, but I'm with SDM on this, I'm not too optimistic.

doswizard likes this.
  4. doswizard

doswizard "That Which does Not Kill Us makes Us Stronger!"

Don't forget the fact that both Lucas and Spielberg foresaw the end of the "Blockbuster" film before everyone else.

Ghostbusters, Alien, The Terminator, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Return of the Jedi; to name a few.

Nobody does business like that in Hollywood anymore and yet they don't strive to create a big name actor or actress like they did during the beginning of the film industry. It's been what, like a century? Hollywood is not the World and both Lucas and Spielberg recognized this early on in their careers.

I personally look forward to the next level of entertaining individuals; rather than the masses that public activity inevitably create. :)

:cheers2