1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tell Us About Your Fave 'Classic' Album

Discussion in 'Rock Lounge' started by Nai Noswad, Nov 21, 2020 at 4:47 PM.

1. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

In response to a post recently about Classic Rock content, this thread is dedicated to posting a favourite song, album, single or artist. What constitutes this title is subjective..
    I am starting with this guitar legend who passed some 50 years ago.

Jimí Hendrix - Little Wing.
    This album in various mediums has remained with me for over 40 years, the original copy of Axis, which I bought second hand in 1975 has paw prints from one of my pet cats, who strolled across the sleeve, after just coming in from a muddy lawn. The sleeve and it's song hold great memories and is preferred by me to Electric Ladyland.
    What's yours?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 4:53 PM
    recgord27 likes this.
  2. That 70s Guy

That 70s Guy Super Moderator Staff Member

"The Wall" by Pink Floyd! My favorite album of all time!! Nothing more needs to be said about this album except it has helped me through some hard times and continues to til this day...

I find bits and pieces of me all over this album.

[​IMG]

recgord27 and Nai Noswad like this.
  3. recgord27

recgord27 Walking down a dusty road

My absolute favourite album of all time, Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. Not a note out of place and perfectly produced, the album is a complete masterpiece. My go to album for almost any occasion. I listen to this album at least once a month and still haven't tired of it. There's not much I can say that hasn't been said before.
    [​IMG]

Great thread topic @Nai Noswad

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020 at 1:05 PM
    Nai Noswad likes this.
  4. Saiyan Rocker

Saiyan Rocker The Legendary Super Rocker

Well back in the days of when I was in school there were two albums everybody owned.

They were
    [​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

So these albums take me back to that time. I love every track off Fallen but it was only years later that I listened to the other tracks. I don't know if it is the feel of nostalgia or what but these two albums hold a special place in my heart. I guess cause this was music that came out for my generation, as I spent most of my life listening to the music of my parents time. I love both eras of music.

recgord27 and Nai Noswad like this.
  5. Gibraltar

Gibraltar Member

Aladdin Sane by David Bowie. This album has everything, great songs, outrageously good playing and some wonderful straight-ahead rock ‘n roll. Mike Garson’s eccentric piano playing adds a touch of humour, making a virtue out of discord. Released in 1973 at the peak of his creativity and at the height of glam rock. Still sounds fresh today.

Nai Noswad likes this.
  6. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

Gibraltar.. going one step further.. this particular LP works in so many ways-- I picked up an original RCA copy off a flea market in the 70s.. Still blast it now & then.
    [​IMG]
    It seemed to work as a concept album too, my conspiratorial nature deemed it not a fashion house sign above Bowie's head but a 'journey' in the form of KWEST.
    Before Bally came up with the game.
    Bowie had Space Invader dovetailed into a song.

Moonage Daydream.
    A timeless album, well able to rub it's shoulders with many of it's Classic competitor's.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 5:10 PM