Television Theme Songs.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
A couple from one of my old favorites. The top one is a full version with a still photo of the show's logo. The bottom one shows cast credits.

For those of you who followed the show, let me share one of my more dubious achievements in life. That is walking into a barber shop around the time the show was nearing its end and asking for "the Jonathan Taylor Thomas."

Dual

Reaction score
A few favourites here:

Twin Peaks:

LOST (it's still a theme, lol):

Doctor Who (original 60's version of course):

Buffy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Twin Peaks had a great theme song...I liked it better than the show itself.

Old Dr. Who, that takes me back, classic stuff.

Here's two I really liked from my childhood.

Had a crush on Barbara Eden for a long time.:heybaby:

Another great old show.

Dual

Reaction score
Both superb shows, always liked the Get Smart opening sequence with the doors.

On a similar note:

Another great show, way before my time like the ones above, but I love all of the 60's TV shows (well, along with 70's & 80's TV aswell). :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was thinking of Bewitched myself...yeah those shows and the theme songs always send me back in time to a much simpler period in my life.

I don't think anyone can deny that the 2,000's to now has been the worst for television in it's history.:(

Terra812

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can deny that the 2,000's to now has been the worst for television in it's history.:(

As for all the reality crap... yes ... you can toss sitcoms in that answer also with the exception of a few. Dramas though I have to disagree... there have been some great dramas in the last decade. Granted many were on pay TV but hey, it's all pay TV now right :D The Sopranos, Band Of Brothers, Deadwood, Nip/Tuck, The Shield, Malcolm In The Middle, My Name is Earl... aside from BoBro

The Best Show I've seen...

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
There have been a few GREAT sitcoms since the turn of the millenium.

The Big Bang Theory out of America is great IMO (although I am a nerd and anything that sends up nerds I just find hilarious and awesome :grinthumb), and Britain has given us Black Books and The IT Crowd, which are, in my mind, just as classic as the great sitcoms of the BBC (Red Dwarf, Blackadder, 'Allo 'Allo etc)

But overall older TV shows seem to have more substance to them IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sorry Terra I never liked the Sopranos, I passed on the Wire and really didn't bother with much television in the 2,000's period.

I will say Band of Brothers has to be in the top 5 miniseries ever done but I don't count that as a regular show, it was a One of spectacular story.

Television has gone into endless recycling mode with a few exceptions, take away the Cop, hospital, lawyer shows and what do you have left?

Hawaii Five-O, tell me does anyone here who grew up with the original like the new retread version more? I certainly don't.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online