Tech question - alternative to Shockwave Flash??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Abyss' started by flipflop, Jun 3, 2010.

1. flipflop

flipflop Prisoner of rock'n'roll

This might be a st00pid question but my flash keeps stalling and crashing and it's driving me positively insane - any alternative programs out there that'll run flash stuff but, eh, possibly won't crash every half hour???

:bonk::bonk:

2. gguerra

gguerra Senior Member

You are a bit confused.. Shockwave and Flash are two different products.. The are now owned by Adobe and are available on their web site. (It used to be macromedia)

So go to Adobe and download/install the latest versions and you should be up to date. I dont know if that is what is causing your crashes.

3. flipflop

flipflop Prisoner of rock'n'roll

I think my computer is confused - it keeps telling me that my Shockwave Flash crashed :heheh:

I've checked updates several times but it just keeps hanging... I can't remember it being like this ever before and it's been like this for months now.

Could be a browser/plug-in problem perhaps?? I've started to switch a bit between 3 different browsers at about the same time this flash-thing started so............. maybe I need to wipe sessions etc every day?

I used to just stick with one browser for months and years at a time but lately I've wanted to try different stuff.