Tarja Turunen (Official Thread)

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Tarja Turunen

Man I cannot wait!!! Never too late for a Tarja thread!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Love her myself, I don't have any of her solo albums though, just the Nighwish stuff...:think:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

It's good man!! Not as good as Nightwish but worth owning!!!

:cheers2

b.o.b.

Reaction score

It's good man!! Not as good as Nightwish but worth owning!!!

Yes I agree. Her solo albums are not at the same level as the Nightwish era. You can find only 2 or 3 really good songs. But I am waiting the new album. Maybe it will be a hit and she will decide to clearly follow this path of symphonic power metal that fits her so good. My Winter Storm from 2007 was a blend of styles which made me think that she is still looking for her right way out of Nightwish.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I had seen the My Winter Storm album in stores and to this day friends of mine who listen to Nightwish still don't know she does solo albums until I tell them. I listened to that particular album tonight and it's really good though it may be too much of a good thing. It's kind of long and after a bit the album doesn't sound too varied. The Alice Cooper cover was an interesting addition! :D

mu%2Bwinter%2Bstorm.jpg

Poison

MusicMistress

Reaction score

I absolutely love this woman's voice. I know this is a bit out of season, but her christmas album is simply beautiful.

Tarjacover.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Yes I agree. Her solo albums are not at the same level as the Nightwish era. You can find only 2 or 3 really good songs. But I am waiting the new album. Maybe it will be a hit and she will decide to clearly follow this path of symphonic power metal that fits her so good. My Winter Storm from 2007 was a blend of styles which made me think that she is still looking for her right way out of Nightwish.

But I'm still banking on a full on reunion one day. That would be great and I am no Anette hater and adore Dark Passion Play.

So much so that I would be a little skeptical regarding how Tarja would pull off Amaranth or any of those tunes. You know??

MusicMistress

Reaction score

But I'm still banking on a full on reunion one day. That would be great and I am no Anette hater and adore Dark Passion Play.

So much so that I would be a little skeptical regarding how Tarja would pull off Amaranth or any of those tunes. You know??

Tarja would pull Amaranth off beautifully. Tarja's voice has more depth and vocal dynamics than Anette. If you notice on the new album, they have more female backing that sings with Anette, which takes up some slack. I dont hate Anette at all, Dark Passion Play is a fabulous album, but I am partial to Tarja. I am so hoping for a full reunion, but I dont forsee it anytime soon.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I have no doubt she would pull it off and pull it off well...I guess I was only saying that I'm used to the way Amaranth sounds as well as the lead for the entire album.

Something has happened to Anette's. Have you noticed? She started off in the classy vein and kind of brought it down to the grungey type rag doll look...

For the record, I own everything since Angels Fall First so I am also more partial towards Tarja and am hoping for a full reunion one day with her back up front, looking pretty and singing loud!!

All this with only the best wishes for Anette of course.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online