Tarantino's Django Unchained Soundtrack

Elvis

Tangled Up In Blue
Reaction score
Apparently some unknown dutch singer got asked to record a version of Sinatra's My Way for Quentin Tarantino's new western about American slavery.
I trust Tarantino's music choices but this is a bit strange even for him. Who knows what else he's going to use for this movie.

Title Song For 'Django Unchained' To Be Multilingual Version Of "My Way"?; Alexandre Desplat Scoring 'Moonrise Kingdom' | Filmmakers, Film Industry, Film Festivals, Awards & Movie Reviews | indieWIRE
An interesting morsel has popped up over at the Dutch site RTL Boulevard in which singer Mick Harren says he's been asked by Quentin Tarantino to deliver a multilingual version of Frank Sinatra's classic "My Way." Uh...okay. Apparently, Tarantino stumbled across Harren while surfing the internet (lord only knows what he was actually looking for) and was apparently impressed by Harren's supposed resemblance to Michael Madsen. What that detail has to do with anything, we have no idea. But clearly, if Tarantino sticks with the game plan, he's going to once again put his own unique spin on things in the soundtrack department. You can listen below to Harren singing "Sweet Caroline" and then try and picture him taking on "My Way." That should be...interesting. Though we suppose it would be perfect and somewhat ironic end credit music.

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, be interesting to see the new movie, loved Django original film, anyways the music is pretty cool:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
There is only one version of My Way...at least for me.

Not a big fan of Tarantino's anyway, I didn't even find Pulp Fiction that great of a movie, Reservoir Dogs is about the only movie he's done I like.

I'll wait for this one to hit the HD channels.:cheers2

Elvis

Tangled Up In Blue
Reaction score
Tarantino's apparently going to use I Got a Name by Jim Croce in his new movie.
Niceeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

Last edited by a moderator:

ecisgod

Reaction score
I just saw this movie. Unbelievable! I'm a big fan of Tarantino's movies and his soundtrack choices. I absolutely loved this movie. Some great actors and characters such as: J.Foxx,Dicaprio,Waltz,D.Johnson,Kerry Washington,Samuel L. Jackson,etc.

Tarantino movies always have you wondering whats gonna happen next and this one did exactly that for the entire 3hrs. I hammered down a large pop and some popcorn and was dying to use the washroom but I didn't want to miss a single scene. Not sure where I would rank this among his other movies but as of right now it would be at the very top of the list!

Soundtrack

Django Main Theme - Luis Bacalov & Rocky Roberts
The Braying Mule - Ennio Morricone
Lo Chiamanavo King (His name is King) - Luis Bacalov & Edda Del'orso
Freedom - Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boyton
I Got a name - Jim Croce
100 Black Coffins - Rick Ross
Nicaragua - Pat Metheny & Jerry Goldsmith
Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) - James Brown & Tupac
Who did that to you? - John Legend
and more

I highly recommend this powerful movie. I enjoyed it so much, that I'm going to see it again next week during the day while most people are working!

Khor1255

Reaction score
True Romance was pretty cool but I am not at all a fan of Tarantino. The fact that this isn't about Rheinhardt is actually a relief.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
I like most of Tarantino's work and his soundtrack choices are pretty decent. I like the fact that he typically dives into the obscure. I think it adds a bit of flair to the film. I mean, the 5, 6, 7, 8's in Kill Bill? Who woulda thought? I'll see it when it hits theaters.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online