Your Favourite.

• Tales From Topographic Oceans

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • The Lamb Lies down On Broadway

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Stout

Reaction score
There is no question that i would choose `The Lamb', since one of of my first threads here was a review about the album.
Having said that, Topographic Oceans is an album I have grown to love. It is an overwhelming album due to the sheer size and scope of it. The lyrics are diffuse, but they can be broken down into themes of love, happiness and peace. I love the overall positivity of the album. And musically, it`s quite strong. I have reservations about one track, `The Ancient', but other than that, it`s still an extroadinary piece of work.
The amazing aspect of both these albums is that major record labels encouraged bands to make music such as this.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I was thinking of you Stout when Joe wrote this poll, nice to see you again.:hab:

Stout

Reaction score
Thanks, lads,it`s been quite hectic, but I`ll try to pop in now and again.

mattquarterstein

Autumn Wanderer
Reaction score
Tales From Topographic Oceans, just because I have strong feelings about ancient things, which is one of the themes of the thing. I love Lamb Lies Down on Broadway too. It's a very tense album, and there's some remarkably bittersweet stuff on it.

JoeFree

Reaction score
Lamb - by a nose. Was privileged to see both concerts (Lamb was last appearance by PG with Genesis in North America!) and were both great. Yes in Montreal - great 4 channel sound system! Genesis in Buffalo (!) - just a great show, lots of energy from PG, band sounded great!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online