1999 New Way to Be Human
2000 Learning to Breathe
2003 The Beautiful Letdown
2005 Nothing Is Sound
2006 Oh! Gravity.
2009 Hello Hurricane
2011 Vice Verses
2014.Fading West

Switchfoot is a band with an amazing growth. They were actually the first in the new wave of Christian rock bands to break the mainstream even before my favorite, Anberlin. They created the new realm of Christian Rock that actually sounded great to the masses but still had a message. The message was ambiguous which is why it worked and that way they could give people who wanted the message rock they didn't have to be embarrassed by and the masses in general great music they could enjoy and take as they like. What I love about this band is there growth as musicians. Even with their breakthrough album "The Beautiful Letdown", which was like their 4th album in, they had a basic rock sound. Great anthemic songs which deserved to hit it big but nothing that reinvented the feel. Just the hidden parlor trick of being a Christian rock band that blended in. Their new material, especially the last album (new one out soon) "Hello Hurricane" which was a perfectly produced uplifting, atmospheric masterpiece. Their best yet IMO! :grinthumb They are always a very captivating band to seee live and with their audience! It's an experience regardless of faith. They were even better the second time I saw them. :) So with the new album coming out let's dig into this band!

Here's the albums I own by them:

61WHE4ES9KL._SL500_AA300_.jpgcover_340.jpg518dXA%2BhaNL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Here are my favorites:

This Is Your Life
(This has become my favorite single off of "The Beautiful Letdown", Great seeing it live and I love the lyrics, such truth to it)

Sing It Out
(absolutely perfect song, perfect crisp sound, very beautiful inspirational song where you can hear it go from darkness to hope, perfect vocals)

Mess Of Me
(a great rocker)

Your Love Is A Song
(another favorite, perfect production again, great bouncy song with a great vocal, the chorus is great)

Sooner Or Later
(an early track, slow burning ballad)

And the new album coming out:

Vice Verses
tumblr_lmrbp5t93I1qhk6cdo1_500.jpg

I'm loving the new song off of it! :grinthumb

Dark Horses

Check them out and if you are a fan chime in! :cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Switchfoot Thread

Holy shit! I remember Switchfoot from years and years back. I'll be coming back into this thread once I rekindle on their music a little bit.

Awesome thread though!

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

Once I get to my other work place! I'll have a good listen to them! But they look exciting!

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Only heard 2 singles from this band on our local radio but I liked both songs. Good singer.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Hey not a bad turnout for these guys! :grinthumb Looking forward to the responses oncee all of you get acquainted or reaquainted with this band!

@Whalerfan-If I was to guess these are the songs you've heard:

These were the two biggest hits and had constant airplay. Both great songs but I think they've exceeded where they were at this point now! :)

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score

Oh, I forgot about that Dare You to Move tune. The other song I was thinking of was this..it got plenty of airplay just after Meant to Live

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score

Tonight I'm in a little bit of a punk rocker mood and digging the heavier songs tonight :D "Mess of Me" I enjoy the fast beat, the guitar riffs and the bass! Good song to match my punker mood! :D

Ok...I'm writing this as I listen to all the songs as I go down the list. "Your Love Is a Song" has just changed my punk rocker mood slightly! It's such a easy song to listen too! I could just imagine seeing these guys on stage and swaying my arms up in the air!

O.O....The intro into "Dark Horse" is great! Great song! Very strong! and I quiet enjoyed listening to "Stars" That would have to be another great catchy tune of there's I like!

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

Oh! I really like their sound :grinthumb "This Is Your Life" is a standout on a first listen but I will listen to them all again.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online