Sweet Vine

noodlez

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of this obscure little southern rock band? They only released a single album "Mountainside" (1997), but there are 2 or 3 little gems on it. The singer has a great voice. They tended to write more soulful softer songs, but when they rocked it was pretty damn good. You can hear most of the album on their myspace. Check out Mountainside, Evergreen, or Three Times Denied.

Band Members:

Hans Ellerbach-lead vocals
Nathan 'Nate' Dale-guitar
Steve King-drums
Gary Frank Skaggs-piano
Michael Barbiero-vocals

20kuatc.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/sweetvinemusic/

Mountainside

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of them before Noodlez, but I like a lot of southern rock old and new, I'll check them out when I have more time.:grinthumb

Added the album cover for you, I have to say it looks cool.:D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Haven't given a lot of southern rock a listen, but I have a willingness to be willing, so i'll give these guys a go.

Lynx729

Reaction score
I came across this album in a box my dad had lying around, and Mountainside blew me away.
This is such a great album. Such a shame it wasn't followed up with another.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is a shame they did't do more...the album is pretty good.

Nathan Dale has been active since the breakup of Sweet Vine....If you want to hear some of his recent works, which is sticking to the country vibe:

Nathan Dale on Soundcloud

and Nate has a website which gives information to his album he released "Major Keys Parade":

ae7c6f52dcea4b2892bce290fd253c7f_o.jpg

Nathan Dale Official Website

Hans Ellerbach has been busy, too. He released an album "Up is the Only Way Out"

104606.jpg

Hans Ellerbach Official Website

Knitted Cupcake

Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of this obscure little southern rock band?

Band Members:

Hans Ellerbach-lead vocals
Nathan 'Nate' Dale-guitar
Steve King-drums
Gary Frank Skaggs-piano
Michael Barbiero-vocals

Yes. I actually know them, and Mike Barbiero was never a band member. He was their producer. He filled out the vocals on one of the tracks, but that was it.

GREAT band. Too bad things didn't work out back then, but I have it on good authority they are getting ready to reunite and make a new record and possibly tour.

john e

Reaction score
This band and this disc is very ,very good ,anyone who is a fan of this type of music will not be disappointed,I was able to see them live in NJ with Screaming Ch Wheelies a while back it was a great show.I am glad too see some members are active and I can check out the material thanks for posting,the keys guitars and vocals sound so well I really never have taken it out of rotation since I bought it over ten years ago......

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.