Sweden!

b.o.b.

Reaction score
There are so many great Swedish bands and many of them are real classic titans for the metal music scene:

Opeth, Bathory, Europe, Pain of Salvation, Wolf, Candlemass, Hypocrisy, Tiamat, Evergrey, Dark Tranquillity, In Flames, Lake of Tears, Therion, Pain, Marduk, Unleashed, Katatonia, Edge of Sanity, Entombed, Morgana Lefay, Meshuggah...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Evergrey, Lake of Tears, Morgana Lefay and Wolf are all in the collection Bob.:hb:

matsellah

Chicago Boy
Reaction score
Sweden is tearing it up. Beyond all the metal they're tossing out, it's their revival of melodic rock I find so amazing. It's as if they're willing it to return.

Treat is an amazing band. Their latest release, Coupe De Grace, is pretty good.

Another band, Fatal Smile, a much heavier band, was doing well but fell out of favor in my eyes, when they canned their vocalist, H.B. Anderson.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Sweden has some many fine bands, all different genres .....my faves MALAISE , COVENANT , TIAMAT .WOLF ,HARDCORE SUPERSTAR etc
What about CLAWFINGER ?? One mighty rap/metal band of the highest order !! :cheers2

Clawfinger - The Truth

Heedblerk

Reaction score
I think Robyn's the best Pop Star in the world right now! As in, writes the catchiest, wittiest, danciest tunes going.

She's made lots of great pop songs so far:

Cobrastyle
Bum Like You
Be Mine
Fembot
Cry When You Get Older
to name a few.

This is a Rock Forum tho, so I'll not put a link up...

Ok - I will!

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
There's The Quill and Graveyard.

At the moment I'm listening to Yngwie Malmsteen's Inspiration. The tracks with Joe Lynn Turner are great. For sheer speed he's up there with Al DiMeola.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
2 More excellent Swedish metal /rock bands that I forgot to mention:bonk:

DREAM EVIL ......Check them out..love this band !!

The Book of Heavy Metal

........and how could I forget GRAVEYARD a top band myself,Sweaty and Sox saw the other week......great stuff !!
[ Take a trip to Sweatys thread for more info.....] :cheers2

Hisingen Blues

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Wow.

Thanks for all the good tips guys. I've been diving into these bands you've all mentioned and I'm in love.

Another release...a 2011 CD, but relatively new...was a project between the guitarist from Leverage and the singer from Circus Maximus for Frontiers called "The Magnificent." I am going to wear out my disc playing it over and over again the car. Not a stale track on here. I can't call any a favorite because of it but I would have to say I'm thoroughly taken away by "Satin and Lace."

Check it out:

Satin & Lace by The Magnificent on Spotify

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online