Summoning

Pistol

Pointing at you
Reaction score
Summoning+1.jpg

Summoning is an epic atmospheric black metal band from Vienna, Austria. Their style has been described as Tolkien black metal - not without reason, for the lyrics on most of the albums they have published deal with the mythological world of J.R.R. Tolkien. The notable exception being “Stronghold”, which takes its lyrical content from many of Tolkien’s poems rather than directly from his novels.

Albums

1995 Lugburz
1995 Minas Morgul
1996 Dol Guldur
1999 Stronghold
2001 Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
2006 Oath Bound

Summoning - The Passing Of Grey Company

Summoning - Lugburz

Summoning - Land Of The Dead

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
Great band! All their albums a really good and they're working on a new one to be release sometime in the beginning of next year.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score

This is the song that introduced me to this band. Pretty EPIC, like the rest of their music.

Pistol

Pointing at you
Reaction score
Recently got into their music :D The Passing OF Grey Company is the one i have heard first and i very much like this album Minas Morgul...Great album artwork too :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I heard about this band years ago, but although I'm a Tolkien fanatic the singing is just not for me.

Love the concept, cover art, and Almost bought a couple CD's just for that reason.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
New album is really good! Love the tribal vibe and the vocals are by far the best I've heard from these guys. There's this one song "Earthshine" that sends chills down my spine like no other Summoning song has ever done, just beautiful and EPIC! So far best album this year for me easily.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online