Summer's Almost Gone vs. Autumn

Summer's Almost Gone vs. Autumn

• I like both, about the same.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Hey Groovy Man, no offense taken. I couldn't believe it either. When that song came out and I found out who it was I was stunned. But you have to admit that the video is a hoot. Check out the band. You've got a pre-KISS Vinnie Vincent and a pre-SNL/Hall and Oates G.E. Smith. Hey man a buck's a buck.

You know, as far as disco goes, this one's OK. And to be fair he did produce a Plasmatics album as well as James Brown's comeback hit "Living in America".

Last edited:

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Hey Groovy Man, no offense taken. I couldn't believe it either. When that song came out and I found out who it was I was stunned. But you have to admit that the video is a hoot. Check out the band. You've got a pre-KISS Vinnie Vincent and a pre-SNL/Hall and Oates G.E. Smith. Hey man a buck's a buck.

Wow....that was Vinnie Vincent! :heheh:

Yep....that video was a hoot, indeed. :grinthumb

hawk11

Reaction score
The Edgar Winter Group was one of the first bands I ever got into back in the 70's and loved "They Only Come Out At Night" and "Shock Treatment" (Their third album was so-so). I was really shocked when Dan Hartman went the disco route as well.

Did a little research and saw that Chuck Ruff played in a band called Sawbuck which featured Ronnie Montrose and bassist Bill Church who played with Van Morrison as well as Montrose. Didn't know that Chuck passed away this past month... R.I.P.

Here a couple of Sawbuck tunes I found on youtube :

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
^ good work, Hawk....

Sawbuck sounds cool - the first tune, ''Reno'' has that whole 70's hippy country rock thing goin' on...

the second song, ''Promised Land'' is a pretty good jam too...

That's Ronnie Montrose on both songs?

hawk11

Reaction score
^ good work, Hawk....

Sawbuck sounds cool - the first tune, ''Reno'' has that whole 70's hippy country rock thing goin' on...

the second song, ''Promised Land'' is a pretty good jam too...

That's Ronnie Montrose on both songs?

Groovy, according to the person who uploaded ''Promised Land'' Ronnie played on 2 songs on the album before he was snatched up by Van Morrison. I'm assuming it's these 2 songs.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online