Suidakra

Harkat

Reaction score
Just found these guys. I will do some more info on these guys perhaps tomorrow nig- actually later tonight.

Suidakra is a melodic death metal band from Germany with Celtic folk influences.During their fourteen-year career, they have performed over 200 live shows for several European and Russian tours, as well as a North American tour. They are also known for their use of traditional instruments to augment their sound, such as the bagpipe, banjo, and tin whistle.

This be my favourite song at the moment

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I'll never forget the first Amon Armarth song I listened to years ago, started off so beautifully a haunting female vocal gently warbling along and then..."Boom" in comes the Hellspawn growling for all he was worth...:heheh:

So gathering from the way you described Suidakra, the vocals are not going to work for me.

Harkat

Reaction score
True, but the more I listen, the more they have a variety.
I will probably edit that because there are some songs in their which do not fit into their regular style of play.

Harkat

Reaction score
I'll never forget the first Amon Armarth song I listened to years ago, started off so beautifully a haunting female vocal gently warbling along and then..."Boom" in comes the Hellspawn growling for all he was worth...:heheh:

So gathering from the way you described Suidakra, the vocals are not going to work for me.

LG, try their Auld Lang Syne album, it is really good.
In a sense they are similare to Ensiferum and Eluveitie but its not as heavy.
The vocals are in the form of both growls and clean vocals and lighter than both Ensiferum and Eluveite; they don't blow your ears off at least :tongue:.
There is even a couple instrumental tracks!

Try these:

Harkat

Reaction score
This is just a lovely piece of work:

Harkat

Reaction score
I have noticed that the vocals have changed quite a bit over career. It becomes more polished and smoother as they progress. These guys have really grown on me, they do have a range that they can play, vocals, instruments and songwriting (but perhaps not as diverse as someone like Dream Theatre :tongue: )
They dabble in and around the 3 genre's of melodic death metal, folk metal and 'Celtic metal'. Sometimes more in one genre than another or only one at times. Capable of belting out solid melodeath tunes as well as a gentle ballad, Suidakra will surprise you when you change from something like 'The IXth Legion' to 'The Ember Deid: Part II'!

Current members
Arkadius Antonik - guitars, vocals
Marcus Riewaldt - bass
Lars Wehner - drums
Jussi - live guitar

Albums
Lupine Essence ~ 1997
Auld Lang Syne ~ 1998
Lays From Afar ~ 1999
The Arcanum ~ 2000
Emprise to Avalon ~ 2002
Signs for the Fallen ~ 2003
Command to Charge ~ 2005
Caledonia ~ 2006
Crógacht ~ 2009
Book of Dowth ~ TBA

Demos
Dawn ~ 1995

Compilations
13 Years of Celtic Wartunes ~ 2008

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find anything by these guys Harkat...:dunno: Not even an MP3 for evaluation purposes.

Harkat

Reaction score
Come again?
I have their entire discography LG, I am a tad bewildered as to how you can't find anything on them
:hm:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have about 7 quality sources I use to check out a band, and this band is not on any of them.

It's no biggie Harkat, the growling as you know will not sit well with me anyway, I just wanted you to know I Did try to find an album or two before closing the door on them.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online