Suicidal Depressive Black Metal

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OK, fair enough, I will give Uaral a fair listen :)

If the music is good, I will take out the vocals :****:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I don't like this genre necessarily but I disagree that happy music is the only way to make the listener feel good. I find sad, angry or what some consider depressing music to be much more cathartic and effective than happy music at times. I don't even think you have to already be depressed to enjoy that music. Music works on so many levels. Now, I'm not putting down happy music. Hell, I'm a pop fan but I'd think for anyone who's been in a bad mood it might be counterproductive to listen to something where everyone's happy and you're not for some. Kind of annoying actually. When your sad, angry or lonely you might want to listen to something angry to expel or purge the feelings rather than Poison "Nothing But A Good Time" or Bobby McFerrin "Don't Worry Be Happy"! :heheh: I'd be more concerned about whether someone complained about their lives everyday to the point of annoyance more than what music they listen to when they are depressed. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
So does this mean you are adding "Suicidal Depressive Black Metal" to your library?...:D

Any genre with that title is off my list period. I will put my library and it's variety against anyone I know, there is something in it for every mood...however I am not an EMO, or a Goth or a manic depressive person, I prefer the glass half full to half empty everytime. I have lots of laid back music and classical that is pensive, thoughtful, melancholy, but nothing in my musical hoard comes close to this brand of metal.:nw:

Playing this kind of stuff when you are really seriously depressed is not healthy as far as I am concerned. I will try to Lift my spirits rather than dwell on the bad crap that is going on, and seriously what do most kids have to be so depressed about anyway? Did their wife leave them? Did they get laid off from their jobs? Did their car get repossessed? Most of the things they take seriously are just part of growing up, if they can't handle childhood wait till they get into the working world, then they'll see the real deal.

I am not making light of any young persons troubles, I grew up in a shaky home myself, but on my worst days I never felt like hurting myself or anyone else, running away from home maybe but that was it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
So does this mean you are adding "Suicidal Depressive Black Metal" to your library?...:D

Any genre with that title is off my list period. I will put my library and it's variety against anyone I know, there is something in it for every mood...however I am not an EMO, or a Goth or a manic depressive person, I prefer the glass half full to half empty everytime. I have lots of laid back music and classical that is pensive, thoughtful, melancholy, but nothing in my musical hoard comes close to this brand of metal.:nw:

Playing this kind of stuff when you are really seriously depressed is not healthy as far as I am concerned. I will try to Lift my spirits rather than dwell on the bad crap that is going on, and seriously what do most kids have to be so depressed about anyway? Did their wife leave them? Did they get laid off from their jobs? Did their car get repossessed? Most of the things they take seriously are just part of growing up, if they can't handle childhood wait till they get into the working world, then they'll see the real deal.

I am not making light of any young persons troubles, I grew up in a shaky home myself, but on my worst days I never felt like hurting myself or anyone else, running away from home maybe but that was it.

Not necessarily adding it LG. I add bands and not genres anyway. If I here a band from the genre that strikes me in the right way than Hell yeah! :heheh: I find this genre no different than if I listen to a band like Nine Inch Nails. Regardless of content if there's beauty in the music then it's healing. As far as what someone has to be depressed about well it can be anything. Some people just get depressed and it doesn't really need to be justified. It's just a feeling just like anything else. It's how we handle it that makes the difference and I'd rather see someone do that through the music of their choice rather than medicate themselves or Hell even be medicated for it or take it out somewhere else. Music or art of any kind is better than anything else for curing what ails you IMO! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I would go for a 5 mile run or something like that to get rid of any frustrations or feeling depressed, the endorphins released definitely have a cathartic effect.

Seriously Sooty, I can't for the life of me think that playing that kind of music when in a "Black" mood can be helpful in anyway, I just don't see it. But as you said if it does help a few people deal with things then it serves a purpose.

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score
The lyrics are only feelings of suicide that once haunted my mind. Suicide is not the solution .Stay safe

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online