Suicidal Depressive Black Metal

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^^ I agree with Soot here..on that note..I'm a big metal fan here and I love my share of some black metal. But if you're talking about the same voice over and over...black metal has a style that the voice needs to represent.

Anyway if there is something you like or are passionate about...post it and share it. Some will come and if others don't..whoopdie doo right? :heheh:

The idea is to post and share...and it's more special when that other member comes around, surprises you and says ,"hey I like that" :grinthumb

This forum welcomes all music and sounds and that includes your sounds too AboutAGirl

:cheers:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Good to see you MP!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Hey man, I'll pm you a handful of users here who are into the metal you are for the most part but honestly you aren't in a different boat than most are. Everybody does this to a degree. People will not like a whiny vocalist like in a lot of the Emo bands that I post! Who cares I like it as a thirty year old who doesn't dress up in black and cut their wrist. The last post I made with the group Mindless Self Indulgence had only one commenter and it wasn't positive. It's actually partly due to vocals too. No problem because I like them. I must say it was constructively done though so no loss.

It takes a thick skin because no matter what forum you go too unfortunately unless you go for an easy one like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles or any of the standbys you are going to be lucky to get feedback at all besides a handful of posters who already like your bands. As long as you like it and you've represented a band well it's all that matters! :grinthumb

Well hey brother, I'm all in for this thing we're doing. But IMHO the internet is the place where you find the people out there who actually do dig the same music you do. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I mean, whatever board you go on there's a bunch of bands that a large number of people like. I bet on here there's countless fans for Zep, Floyd, Hendrix, Dylan. So I ain't giving up hope for finding a board that meshes with my taste.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Good to see you MP!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Well hey brother, I'm all in for this thing we're doing. But IMHO the internet is the place where you find the people out there who actually do dig the same music you do. Maybe it's a pipe dream, but I mean, whatever board you go on there's a bunch of bands that a large number of people like. I bet on here there's countless fans for Zep, Floyd, Hendrix, Dylan. So I ain't giving up hope for finding a board that meshes with my taste.

Well, I saw you find three threads that you were able to reply to just barely so you don't seem to be doing to bad. It also sounds like the forums that dealt with metal weren't exactly in the same realm as you either. I trhink the forum thing is more about people because I know even when I post things that people will either not like or even not check out at least I won't get flamed here. People here generally respect that you are even putting the effort into something. Just some advice though! The more you go out of your territory the more people will venture from theirs. I have members I do trade offs with here. I also have checked out a fair share of the death metal post and in turn recommended a band in a different genre they would be into IMO. Patience man! :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
AboutAGirl, we all like Metal, just not the same genres you enjoy so much. It's definitely a generational thing, no one will ever get me to enjoy the vocal styles of many of the genres you like, they just aren't my thing.

I do like a couple of Opeth albums, and I have one Ahab CD, I listened to Summoning and the music was really good, the singing not so much. So that is about as far as I go in this realm.

However, there are 100's of Metal boards out there, that cater to the music you love, I wish you luck in finding one you enjoy, but from some that I have visited they tend to get overwrought pretty easily when someone criticizes "Their Metal", we are a little calmer. This sub-forum was added for people like yourself to add to the overall depth of the music threads, so I do hope you stop by once in a while to visit even if you find your "Metal Shangri La" out there.

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score
yah.... suicidal depressive black metal is nice..........

when i listen it i will cry and think about my life......

this genre lyrics are :: suicide,sorrow,pain

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Sorry Amirlan, but we don't allow download links in the forum, so I have removed it.

Suicidal, Depressive, Black Metal...:think:...if ever a genre name would stop me from listening to a band that would be it. I prefer Fun in my music to despair as a rule, but if you like it then that is the main thing.:grinthumb

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
I can understand being annoyed by some music, but not suicidally depressed. I'd turn it off long before I got to that point. Whether I'd turn it off before I slaughtered all the neighbours though is another question....

:D

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think music is "expression". Suicidal and depressed people need outlets of expression as well as "happy" people.

I personally don't enjoy depressing music, but a lot of people do. I find a lot of different music either creepy or depressing. For example, the Classical music of Hector Burlioz just sends creepy chills up my spine. This music is extremely spooky and dark, not my cup of tea, yet it is heralded as Fantastique by critics....

just goes to show you how varied musical taste can be.

Amirlan

~Amirlan~
Reaction score
mm.... suicidal depressive black metal......

>><<<<<<

grrrrrrr

sweet death
happy pain
light darkness....

mmmmmmmm

most people like this genre.. maybe when they want to die.. they will listen it and feel pain and suicide....

but i think its not good for teenagers... maybe they be so so so sadly ....and suicide ..

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, Amerlan, this music is not good for some teenagers. The teenagers seem to be the largest fans of this music genre, though.

I am older, over age 40, and I have a hard time understanding why anyone would want to listen to suicidal lyrics unless they have a mobid sense of humor.

I guess it is like watching horror movies, you have to enjoy the morbid images. I have tried to listen to a couple depressive black metal songs, and had a hard time understanding what the lyrics were let alone try to enjoy them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online