Styx (Official Thread)

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I love the band's mini-rock opera approach as was done with "Sail Away" and "Grand Illusion".Shows great inspiration and inlfuence as well as they were excellently executed.Is Dennis DeYoung one of rock's great overlooked vocalists?Perhaps along with Brad Delp of Boston fame...........................

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Dennis DeYoung is a fantastic vocalist. I've seen him in concert 1 time and I've seen Styx without Dennis several times. It's too bad that they can't / couldn't put aside their differences for the sake of the music because I think it would have been a hell of a show. Envious of people that got to see them back during their heyday.

RockshotsPhotos

Reaction score
Styx @ Madison Sq. Garden, New York City, 6th. February, 1980
(c)Bill O'Leary/TimelessConcertImages.comStyx(2-6-1980(c)BillO'Leary)003.jpg

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Styx...reading back over the older posts on this thread..not much more i can really say. The production though, is superb and the albums don't sound dated. Plus ..when the album jacket/ sleeve was just as important- you felt like you owned something.Styx- Miss America.

MarkWesleyCurran

Country Rock Without Borders
Reaction score
One of my favorite Styx videos is this one that features their current drummer Todd Sucherman playing 'Blue Collar Man'. It really gives a behind the scenes look at what it must be like being a drummer in a high power rock group.

revrnd

Reaction score
Can anyone post what the spoken words are between verses in Fooling Yourself?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online