Storm (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Storm

I saw one of their albums in my travels yesterday LOU,,,I'll have to check it out seein' you rate them so highly.

So many bands slipped past me, I comfort myself by catching up later and that I did spend a lot of time in the Classical music realm years ago, there is only so much one can get to in this life.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

If its the second STORM album...[ the one in the pic below].snap it up as soon as possible LG...it really is a GEM.:bow:
STORMs debut album on MCA I tracked down after years and years searching.....is a real disapointment....theres 1 or 2 smokers like "machine gun" but....im afraid theres 1 or 2 tracks I have to skip
Never the less, the guitar work of Stevens and vocals of Jeannette Chase is impressive

Attachments

• Storm2.jpg
    Storm2.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 35

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I've heard of Storm...but haven't really thought about them in awhile...thanks for the thread!! :grinthumb

taha

Reaction score

They remind me alot of Contraband and Whitford/St.Holmes, lots of great music, but they never took hold. Going to have to throw them into the player this weekend.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Great to see you back Taha ! We have missed you. :cheers2 Just checking its STORM and not THE STORM...your on about......or you will have to do a seperate thread for them......grrr why do bands go under similar names. There were 2 excellent U.S metal bands named RECKLESS in the 80s aswell. A metal band named REALM .....and now a goth band named THE REALM :bonk: ooops :heheh:

Rockperson

Reaction score

Their second album Storm II is a cracker, great vocals by Jeanette Chase, I love the opening track Settle Down, their first album isn`t quite so good but certainly worth having.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Agreed Rockperson!.....and its great to know someone else out there remembers this fantastic underated band.
The ist album I had been after for years...it was very hard to come by, a bit of a collectors especially as Kerrang magazine had raved about it in its "conniseurs" page
I had only heard the track "machine gun" on a compilation album, it was superb with heavy,melodic guitars matched by the excellent vocals of Jeanette Chase.Im afraid years and years later when I did get a copy on vinyl it was a BIG let down ,with some of the songs even sounding cheesy. It was hard to believe it was the same band!
As you say STORM 2 a great record .:cheers2. I remember my best friend at the time bought it for my birthday for £7.99 on import which was a lot of money in them days. Why this band never made it big is a mystery........

Rockperson

Reaction score

Agreed Rockperson!.....and its great to know someone else out there remembers this fantastic underated band.
The ist album I had been after for years...it was very hard to come by, a bit of a collectors especially as Kerrang magazine had raved about it in its "conniseurs" page
I had only heard the track "machine gun" on a compilation album, it was superb with heavy,melodic guitars matched by the excellent vocals of Jeanette Chase.Im afraid years and years later when I did get a copy on vinyl it was a BIG let down ,with some of the songs even sounding cheesy. It was hard to believe it was the same band!
As you say STORM 2 a great record .:cheers2. I remember my best friend at the time bought it for my birthday for £7.99 on import which was a lot of money in them days. Why this band never made it big is a mystery........

Showing my age I think :D

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great stuff ....I have finally managed to track down my personal fave STORM tracks [ even if the sound quality is a bit poor on one of them.......you=tube grrr ].................Enjoy

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online