"Stones on the verge of a tour."- Ron Wood

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
^^I read that Ronnie Wood was hurting financially, because of his leaving his wife for a Russian supermodel. Then when that went bad his wife sued for Big bucks, and the Russian gold digger got her fair share as well. When he sobered up Ronnie tried to reconcile with his ex-wife but I don't think that worked.

It is about the money and adulation and always has been for a long time now. Mick knows because he said it himself in the article I mentioned.

If people want to see them fine, I saw them years ago and it's in my top ten concerts of all time and I am content to leave them right there.;)

Totally forgot about Ronnie Wood in my defence, your honour :D

Making money and having 70,000 go ape shit when all you have to do is walk out onstage? **** I'd even consider reading the liner notes on a Van Hagar album to be able to do that for a living :heheh:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Even if The Stones going out on the road again at 70 years of age is all about the money (Jagger and Richards apparently already have personal fortunes well in excess of $300 million each, so if people seriously want to believe that they are touring out of financial desperation because they are worried about their retirement funds, then there's probably nothing I can say to convince them otherwise) then that still wouldn't be a reason to criticise them for doing so, actually I don't recall paying any more for my ticket to see the Stones back in 2006 than I did to see several other big acts the same year. I know I just paid £66 each (over $100) for tickets to see Springsteen in Manchester this summer, that's about the going rate these days, the Stones tickets if they do tour will be about the same. And bands don't set ticket prices anyway, or at least they don't have the control over prices that many fans assume they do, we saw all this with the infamous Pearl Jam/Ticketmaster row a few years ago, pretty much every arena and stadium at least in the USA is tied to either Tickets.com or to Ticketmaster, who set the price, and the band/venue/promoter all takes a cut. But to me all this is irrelevant, it's like me quibbling about paying twice as much for Superbowl tickets as I would to watch a Maryland Terps v Miami Hurricanes college football game, this isn't the annual 'Right Said Fred :'I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt' pub tour, it's the Rolling ******* Stones!!! And neither imo are they touring again simply to help Ronnie Woods keep up with his alimony commitments btw, though it's a nice idea!! Cheers.

Last edited:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Even if The Stones going out on the road again at 70 years of age is all about the money (Jagger and Richards apparently already have personal fortunes well in excess of $300 million each, so if people seriously want to believe that they are touring out of financial desperation because they are worried about their retirement funds, then there's probably nothing I can say to convince them otherwise) then that still wouldn't be a reason to criticise them for doing so, actually I don't recall paying any more for my ticket to see the Stones back in 2006 than I did to see several other big acts the same year. I know I just paid £66 each (over $100) for tickets to see Springsteen in Manchester this summer, that's about the going rate these days, the Stones tickets if they do tour will be about the same. And bands don't set ticket prices anyway, or at least they don't have the control over prices that many fans assume they do, we saw all this with the infamous Pearl Jam/Ticketmaster row a few years ago, pretty much every arena and stadium at least in the USA is tied to either Tickets.com or to Ticketmaster, who set the price, and the band/venue/promoter all takes a cut. But to me all this is irrelevant, it's like me quibbling about paying twice as much for Superbowl tickets as I would to watch a Maryland Terps v Miami Hurricanes college football game, this isn't the annual 'Right Said Fred :'I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt' pub tour, it's the Rolling ******* Stones!!! And neither imo are they touring again simply to help Ronnie Woods keep up with his alimony commitments btw, though it's a nice idea!! Cheers.

I agree. If you go to most NFL, MLB, NBA games etc, to get a decent seat you have to pay the big bucks. I just paid $98 to see Bruce (the highest priced ticket) and after Ticketmaster did their thing it came to $114. Also, these artists have to shell a lot of it back to the venue, the concessions, etc not to mention all the band mates. I know I have heard that Bruce splits the end take evenly with him and the band. But as TS said...it's the Rolling ******* Stones! You have to expect to pay top dollar. For me paying that much for Bruce, I know it will be well worth it because he puts on a 3 plus hour show of pure excitement. The days of $18 seats to see a big draw act are over and that's even if they do play a smaller venue.

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
I don't think they're dropping off any time soon.

B.B. King is still touring for christ's sake! He's pushing 90. Even Chuck Berry does shows now and again. Nothing's going to keep a rocker off the stage if they can help it.

As for the ticket prices, I guess if you could earn that money, who wouldn't? Mick and Kieth have never been shy about the excessive rock star lifestyle, and they're in a position to take it. Lucky them.

I've been denied a chance to see them live so far. If they came to Australia, I'd definitely purchase a ticket.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online