Stone Temple Pilots (Official Thread)

Ragged Glory

Banned
Reaction score
Core was their best IMO.
Dead and bloated is among my top 10 favorite songs :)
Some of the underrated songs from "Core" that I like quite a bit (and highly recommend) are "Naked Sunday", "Piece Of Pie" and "Crackerman." As far as "Purple" goes, I always liked jamming to and listening to "Meatplow", "Still Remains", "Silvergun Superman" and "Unglued", especially the 2nd and 3rd tracks there. Believe it or not though, "No. 4" is probably my favorite Stone Temple Pilots Album as it's pretty much their heaviest and most unique overall. It really dips after that, yet those 1st 4 Stone Temple Pilots Albums are absolutely undeniable Hard Rock classics that should stand the test of time just like how Nirvana's and Alice In Chains' Albums should/would. "Facelift" is/was absolutely incredible! Period! I truly love(d) listening to and jamming to underrated songs like "Sunshine" and "It Ain't Like That", with "We Die Young" as another undeniably great song too. A perfect way to start off that Album and the bands wonderful, highly influential musical career.:bow:

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of STP, I seem to gravitate toward the under rated bands. I own all the early stuff. Core and Purple are excellent, Tiny and No. 4 aren't bad either.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
20 years! Crazy! Purple was a decent album. Though I don't like all the songs here, I do enjoy a handful. Favourite tracks: Meatplow, Vasoline, Lounge Fly, Interstate Love Song, 12 Gracious Melodies. :D

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I've been listening to their debut album Core over the last couple of days. Halfway decent album but it does have its share of clunkers. My all-time fav STP song will forever be Plush, though.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I just recently realized Interstate Love Song sounds ALOT like I Got A Name by Jim Croce....:gig

Fabio

Reaction score
Can we call them a grunge band? I think they would dislike (I read this news somewhere), they felt different from the Seattle scene. And they were different imho. What do you guys think?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can we call them a grunge band? I think they would dislike (I read this news somewhere), they felt different from the Seattle scene. And they were different imho. What do you guys think?

Not necessarily a grunge band overall but album wise their first two albums certainly are grunge.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

The Smashing Pumpkins and Live were less grunge than STP and they got lumped in just because of when they were making music. Scott Weilands vocal definitely fits in with the other grunge icons. Musically they may think they are more straight ahead rock but all Grunge was was a movement of Rock anyway. STP may have had good tunes but there's no way they rose above the movement with any more of an original sound than what was going on at the time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online